Things A Guy should know
Time: 4.53pm
Location: Home
I haven't been blogging for a while, mainly cos I've been bumming around, stuffing myself silly and doing things that I can't even remember doing.
Finally cleared one of the major freelance projects and now, I am just sitting around, waiting for more work to come.
I finally "tamed" my student from tuition...now I know you can't always be nice and obliging...they take you for granted.
Aniway, the topic that I'm covering today is "Thing a guy should know" Note: The local guy. For all those people that've known me for all my life, they'll know that I've never seriously dated anyone before. Not even a fling. It just seems funny how I never seem to find someone whom I can fall head-over-heels in love with that I lose my senses and do the stupidest things for them. I guess I always let my head rule over my heart. I've been told I'm too fussy, but it's so not true... gals should never settle for anything/anyone less just for the sake of being in a relationship. Besides, it's not like I've ever been relentlessly pursued...Sheesh.
My ex-colleague just told me the most amazing thing that happened to her on her birthday which included a guy who tips generously like he's breathing. (And yes, he's not a local)
I was watching the Matchmaking show on TV (e one with Kym and Bryan) and I saw the most corny Singaporean guy ever who demands a supermodel gf when he's like a midget. (ok, he's 168cm, which isn't exactly a midget, I'm just being mean). He asked the silliest questions that even the hosts seemed pissed at him ( And Yes, he's A local)
I was at a cafe yesterday when my friend who worked there told me the darnest thing. People who knows me will realise by now that I have a weird sense of dressing (i prefer to call it quirky)..and he had to tell me that his colleague (Who didn't know he knew me) commented that I look hideous and should never wear like that. 1. I don't care what you think, I wear what I like. 2. I don't need to know what others think of me. ( And yes, they're BOTH locals.)
I'm not really dissing local guys 'cos I do know a lot of nice and sweet ones (Who unfortunately, are usually the attached or married ones)... the single ones (like 85% of them) are usually...
1. immature
2. corny
3. stingy
4. plain rude and arrogant
and note. They're not ugly.
Why? Why? Why?
Guys, please...there are somethings that gals dont' want to know..and don't need you to share with them, esp. now that we're considered adults.
1. I don't need you to tell me I look fat in what i wear. I am fat and I admit it. So please don't remind me. I am just having amnesia when I put on that outfit and I am happy about it. You just spoilt my mood by reminding me.
2. Please don't tell me you're so in-love with so and so after seeing her for the 1st time.. you don't even know her and you just wants to snag her as a trophy. ( I know what you're thinking)
3. Don't count every penny and expect people to return you right down to the last 5 cents. Be gracious for once and stop being so bothered by " I think she owes me twenty cents for ..."
4. You're not ALWAYS right. Yes, gals/women are wrong sometimes, but we're not stupid. We do give in sometimes to avoid a conflict, and don't think only guys know how to give in. (since you usually give in becos you think she's ignorant and naggy)
5. Gals can do things guys do too. We can cut out hair short and we're not a butch. We can ride a bike and not be considered a tomboy. Don't sterotype gals as weak and helpless.
I am definitely not an SPG, I don't even know a handful of expats. I just don't understand why some local guys seem to not be able to grow up and move on. Of course there's the occasional nice ones around me and I appreciate them a lot, but still, how long will this society of the egoistic male grow up? It's a sign. I should be lesbian.
Location: Home
I haven't been blogging for a while, mainly cos I've been bumming around, stuffing myself silly and doing things that I can't even remember doing.
Finally cleared one of the major freelance projects and now, I am just sitting around, waiting for more work to come.
I finally "tamed" my student from tuition...now I know you can't always be nice and obliging...they take you for granted.
Aniway, the topic that I'm covering today is "Thing a guy should know" Note: The local guy. For all those people that've known me for all my life, they'll know that I've never seriously dated anyone before. Not even a fling. It just seems funny how I never seem to find someone whom I can fall head-over-heels in love with that I lose my senses and do the stupidest things for them. I guess I always let my head rule over my heart. I've been told I'm too fussy, but it's so not true... gals should never settle for anything/anyone less just for the sake of being in a relationship. Besides, it's not like I've ever been relentlessly pursued...Sheesh.
My ex-colleague just told me the most amazing thing that happened to her on her birthday which included a guy who tips generously like he's breathing. (And yes, he's not a local)
I was watching the Matchmaking show on TV (e one with Kym and Bryan) and I saw the most corny Singaporean guy ever who demands a supermodel gf when he's like a midget. (ok, he's 168cm, which isn't exactly a midget, I'm just being mean). He asked the silliest questions that even the hosts seemed pissed at him ( And Yes, he's A local)
I was at a cafe yesterday when my friend who worked there told me the darnest thing. People who knows me will realise by now that I have a weird sense of dressing (i prefer to call it quirky)..and he had to tell me that his colleague (Who didn't know he knew me) commented that I look hideous and should never wear like that. 1. I don't care what you think, I wear what I like. 2. I don't need to know what others think of me. ( And yes, they're BOTH locals.)
I'm not really dissing local guys 'cos I do know a lot of nice and sweet ones (Who unfortunately, are usually the attached or married ones)... the single ones (like 85% of them) are usually...
1. immature
2. corny
3. stingy
4. plain rude and arrogant
and note. They're not ugly.
Why? Why? Why?
Guys, please...there are somethings that gals dont' want to know..and don't need you to share with them, esp. now that we're considered adults.
1. I don't need you to tell me I look fat in what i wear. I am fat and I admit it. So please don't remind me. I am just having amnesia when I put on that outfit and I am happy about it. You just spoilt my mood by reminding me.
2. Please don't tell me you're so in-love with so and so after seeing her for the 1st time.. you don't even know her and you just wants to snag her as a trophy. ( I know what you're thinking)
3. Don't count every penny and expect people to return you right down to the last 5 cents. Be gracious for once and stop being so bothered by " I think she owes me twenty cents for ..."
4. You're not ALWAYS right. Yes, gals/women are wrong sometimes, but we're not stupid. We do give in sometimes to avoid a conflict, and don't think only guys know how to give in. (since you usually give in becos you think she's ignorant and naggy)
5. Gals can do things guys do too. We can cut out hair short and we're not a butch. We can ride a bike and not be considered a tomboy. Don't sterotype gals as weak and helpless.
I am definitely not an SPG, I don't even know a handful of expats. I just don't understand why some local guys seem to not be able to grow up and move on. Of course there's the occasional nice ones around me and I appreciate them a lot, but still, how long will this society of the egoistic male grow up? It's a sign. I should be lesbian.

2 Comments:
Hello dear,
Everytime I read such entries I have a lot of things to say. :P
The trophy gf thing I've noticed ever since secondary school, esp. among soccer/basketball/(insert name of school's star sport)/NCC guys. Recently a gf and I discussed this and I came up with the conclusion that maybe guys love sports and women so much they cannot differentiate btwn trophy (sports) and trophy (women).
And it's Point 4 that leads to Point 5, at least in the chauvinistic male. They want to ASSERT that they are right and don't bother to LISTEN, coz they think that these are non-male traits, so they shouldn't be doing that... Therefore women shouldn't do things that blur the gender line too. Anyway, I think guys usually give in to girls because they are ignorant, naggy, or coz the girls 'sa jiao'. Hurhurhur.
Once I thought maybe I should be lesbian too, but decided it's not for me. So I decided that I should brace myself for a life alone, work hard, play hard, earn all I want and spend all I want...without having to account to anybody... :P
wah fierce fierce.. scary....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home