Dark Days
Time: 4.11pm
It's super sunny and scorching hot outside.... but I feel like it seems so dark here. Yes, I'm in the office on a Sunday. I was on MC on friday but instead of resting at home, I went to watch "I not Stupid Too"... No, I'm not faking the illness, I'm genuinely ill. But I needed the fresh air. So work from Friday was piled over and I have to come back on Sunday to clear it.. though majority of my work had been cleared.
Have you ever had that thought in your mind after working for a while that you want a change in environment? All along I thought my boss thought highly of me, in one way or another...but just recently, it dawned upon me that she just thinks "highly" of me cos I work like a dog, just like the rest of the designers. We worked till wee hours in the morning but at least they get a certain amount of recognition in their works... my designs have always been criticised so many times over and that sux. Esp. since she's the oni one who seems not to like it and no matter how hard I defended myself, she'll just no see eye-to-eye with my designs. Sure, design is subjective, but if you can't change your mindset, how do you want to improve? As a designer, you want to be recognised for your creativity and designs, not so much for your long hours and sleepless nights. If you want someone to work just till like 4am everyday, you shouldn't hire a designer, just get someone who executes what you want...someone whom you can lead along on a leash. I love my work... I really enjoy the company of my colleagues, esp. the designers, but I think of what lays ahead of me in the next 2-3 yrs, I start to hesitate.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oh, you know, I was watching some Taiwanese variety show the other day, they say to improve your relationships/ love life, put a white vase with a sweet-smelling flower on your dressing table and results will show within 3 months. I am just going to do that and pray for a rich and suave prince to sweep me off my big fat feet someday.
Ok, now I've got to go back to work. Sigh...
It's super sunny and scorching hot outside.... but I feel like it seems so dark here. Yes, I'm in the office on a Sunday. I was on MC on friday but instead of resting at home, I went to watch "I not Stupid Too"... No, I'm not faking the illness, I'm genuinely ill. But I needed the fresh air. So work from Friday was piled over and I have to come back on Sunday to clear it.. though majority of my work had been cleared.
Have you ever had that thought in your mind after working for a while that you want a change in environment? All along I thought my boss thought highly of me, in one way or another...but just recently, it dawned upon me that she just thinks "highly" of me cos I work like a dog, just like the rest of the designers. We worked till wee hours in the morning but at least they get a certain amount of recognition in their works... my designs have always been criticised so many times over and that sux. Esp. since she's the oni one who seems not to like it and no matter how hard I defended myself, she'll just no see eye-to-eye with my designs. Sure, design is subjective, but if you can't change your mindset, how do you want to improve? As a designer, you want to be recognised for your creativity and designs, not so much for your long hours and sleepless nights. If you want someone to work just till like 4am everyday, you shouldn't hire a designer, just get someone who executes what you want...someone whom you can lead along on a leash. I love my work... I really enjoy the company of my colleagues, esp. the designers, but I think of what lays ahead of me in the next 2-3 yrs, I start to hesitate.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oh, you know, I was watching some Taiwanese variety show the other day, they say to improve your relationships/ love life, put a white vase with a sweet-smelling flower on your dressing table and results will show within 3 months. I am just going to do that and pray for a rich and suave prince to sweep me off my big fat feet someday.
Ok, now I've got to go back to work. Sigh...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home