A Year Wiser
Time: 3.37pm
Happy Lunar New Year Folks! It's been 12 yrs since I last "celebrated" the year of the dog which I was born in, so now I am officially 24 going on 21. The Chinese astrology states that it won't be a smooth sailing year for those born in the year of the dog (in my case, the bitch- no pun intended) but for those in the creative line - it'll be quite a fruitful year ahead...I hope it's accurate.
Last friday, something quite shocking happened in the company... and I can't help but feel spiteful against my boss for that. It makes me think twice about loyalty towards the company and if it can happen to one, it can happen to me some day too. It's just not really fair in life, I guess.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I missed lunar new years at my grandma's place when I was way younger. There's always like fireworks and crackers (and my cousins always spent like 100 over ringgit on all kinds of fancy crackers)... there's like a huge family gathering, complete with BBQ and laughter. Since grandma passed away almost 10 yrs ago, the house was sold and the family seems to have moved on with their own lives. If no one suggested a gathering, no one else will mention anything otherwise. Few of my cousins have since gotten married and have their own families too, and I guess we're no longer the young and naive kids who will just chase each other around barefoot or "gameble" with 10 cents in a corner. I miss those days.
This year's new yr seems relatively quieter. Surprisingly, the ang-paos got bigger (in comparison with what i got last yr from some people who gave $1 ringgit)... I've always looked forward to the gathering with my close sec sch pals. It's the same this year and we always face the same problem every year. The gals want to go club, the guys want to sit and talk (play guitar, fish and gamble..)When we finally managed to persuade them to go out of the house to some chill-out bar, we ended up sitting in a large couch, starring at the TV at the bar (which was showing some pool competition) I almost went crazy, I tell ya... We finally proceeded to DXO (which by this time, the guys left after they reached there) and went dancing with a bunch of probably JC students... They had some bash there I think, not that I know of in the first place, but hey, I can pass off as 18! We had some unpleasant incidents at the beginning, but ended up playing corny games and having a wonderful supper. I love being where/who I am now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We ( my bitchy friends and I) were reading the blog of someone we knew and mind you, some people really can so confabulate about their lives... but then again, if she's not like that, we'll have nothing to talk about...haha..Meanie Me)
Oh, Ford Minor's coming to town...so now I'm torn between Frank Ferdinandz and Oasis since i am DEFINITELY going for Fort Minor... how now brown cow?
Happy Lunar New Year Folks! It's been 12 yrs since I last "celebrated" the year of the dog which I was born in, so now I am officially 24 going on 21. The Chinese astrology states that it won't be a smooth sailing year for those born in the year of the dog (in my case, the bitch- no pun intended) but for those in the creative line - it'll be quite a fruitful year ahead...I hope it's accurate.
Last friday, something quite shocking happened in the company... and I can't help but feel spiteful against my boss for that. It makes me think twice about loyalty towards the company and if it can happen to one, it can happen to me some day too. It's just not really fair in life, I guess.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I missed lunar new years at my grandma's place when I was way younger. There's always like fireworks and crackers (and my cousins always spent like 100 over ringgit on all kinds of fancy crackers)... there's like a huge family gathering, complete with BBQ and laughter. Since grandma passed away almost 10 yrs ago, the house was sold and the family seems to have moved on with their own lives. If no one suggested a gathering, no one else will mention anything otherwise. Few of my cousins have since gotten married and have their own families too, and I guess we're no longer the young and naive kids who will just chase each other around barefoot or "gameble" with 10 cents in a corner. I miss those days.
This year's new yr seems relatively quieter. Surprisingly, the ang-paos got bigger (in comparison with what i got last yr from some people who gave $1 ringgit)... I've always looked forward to the gathering with my close sec sch pals. It's the same this year and we always face the same problem every year. The gals want to go club, the guys want to sit and talk (play guitar, fish and gamble..)When we finally managed to persuade them to go out of the house to some chill-out bar, we ended up sitting in a large couch, starring at the TV at the bar (which was showing some pool competition) I almost went crazy, I tell ya... We finally proceeded to DXO (which by this time, the guys left after they reached there) and went dancing with a bunch of probably JC students... They had some bash there I think, not that I know of in the first place, but hey, I can pass off as 18! We had some unpleasant incidents at the beginning, but ended up playing corny games and having a wonderful supper. I love being where/who I am now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We ( my bitchy friends and I) were reading the blog of someone we knew and mind you, some people really can so confabulate about their lives... but then again, if she's not like that, we'll have nothing to talk about...haha..Meanie Me)
Oh, Ford Minor's coming to town...so now I'm torn between Frank Ferdinandz and Oasis since i am DEFINITELY going for Fort Minor... how now brown cow?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home