Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Funny Thing Call Fate

Time: 1.52pm
Location: Home

Life has a funny way of playing games with you. Fate is one of its many accomplices. It's that dreaded word that makes people, girls esp, goes wobbly at the knees and melt their hearts.

I was a movie marathon yesterday. The magazine was there to cover the event. The three movies were Monster House, The Devil Wears Prada and John Tucker Must Die. It started from 11pm till 5am and it was worth it. All 3 movies were pretty good, though they were 'good' in different perspectives. Monster House is DEFINITELY not an animation for the children. In fact, it was a little scary. But the 3D animations were wonderful, and painstakingly created by such genuis, it's hard not to be in awe of the movie.

The Devil Wears Prada is close to my heart since I work for a magazine. Meryl Streep is amazing and makes me wonder if the real Vogue editor is just like that, or worse. Anne Hathaway looks distinctively like Liv Tyler...with bigger boobs. But it's one of those movies that I'll probably have to watch another time in order to understand their dialogue better. They were speaking a little too fast for me.... (ok, it was 3am by the time I was done with the show..so naturally, my brain's not functioning too well)

John Tucker must die...the ultimate chic-flik. No need to bring along your brains... just go along to laugh. Jesse from Desperate Housewives, is really kinda funny, though his younger brother in the show, is WAY-CUTER!

Aniways...back to the fate thingy. I was always talking about that guy that I felt I've moved on about. The dodgy one that has since been attached and yet was bugging me recently about my status. He was there. With his gf. He saw me and msged me to ask if I was there. It took a while for me to reply him 'cos honestly, I was actually trying to avoid seeing him. It'll be weird, like 'Hey, oh, you're here with the gf?" I should have been more gracious but I just couldn't help avoiding him. I did eventually bump right up to him face-to-face and had to give him one of my signature smiles- the wide-eyed innocent grin.

I think he probably was surprised to see me too. We've bumped into each other at the most unlikeliest of places twice this yr. Once on New yr's eve at Zouk with a thousand other people, (and yes, I still saw him) and yesterday, a Friday, at the crowded Orchard area. It prompted Jen to say 'Boy, you guys are quite fated'.... yeah..thanks..That helps.

Man, what's wrong with me. I am clearly not INTO him anymore... so pls!!! Why can't fate let me bump into someone else, like my cute client...sigh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

But the thing is...I wasn't thinking of anyone I wan to see... it's like you just see them.

9/04/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger ケリオ said...

Does that mean that some day, I'll bump into the Power Rangers? o_0'''

I haven't been thinking about them since I was in Primary 6, and I still haven't seen them. =(

What I would do to see the Pink Ranger in person....in those very..pink..tights..*nosebleed*

9/04/2006 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home