Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lost and Yet to Found

Time: 11.35pm
Location: Home in My bro's room

I lost my pink Renoma purse.

I lost my IC, my cards, cash of $100+ and a beloved family picture.

I think I've definitely aged. Cos the last time I lost my purse (with my discman, Mambo-bag) was more than 7 yrs ago and I cried like crazy. I found out I lost my purse this time just 20 mins ago..and yet, now I felt... almost nothing.

I was at work yesterday for a company event... the day started off at 11am, (which meant I was by 9 on a Saturday) and worked all the way till 11pm. Running around, coordinating and yelling at people....till I lost my voice. I croaked like a frog now and thus I had to cancel tuition today...which meant I wasn't out, and therefore didn't realised the lost of my purse till ... 11pm- today.

The event was by far quite a success, and I've grown attached to some of the contestants, esp. a super-sweet Malay boy who's so close to his Mom. When he didn't make it to the finals, I almost cried and I gave him a big hug and declared I'm his No.1 fan. He's so nice and even smsed my colleagues and I to thank us for our support and help.

By the time I was in the cab yesterday (a blue Comfort cab), I was mentally and psychically tired. The sore throat was definitely not making it any better.I remembered paying the cabby $50 for a $20 ride and took a receipt from him (which I put in the darn purse) and even bidding him farewell and a safe ride. But I believed when I tried to slip the purse in my bag, it must've dropped out.

The ironic thing was, before I went to bed last night, I was reminding myself to check if I lose my digital camera...which I didn't. And I didn't notice my purse was gone.

My dad's the sweetest thing now. He came into the room and gave me some money cos I won't have any since my purse's gone. Another reason why I love my parents.

I've called Comfort and UOB to report the loss. Haven't managed to make a police report yet cos the darn police post is closed at 10pm. Don't these people have such a good life.

I've been thinking that since I've always been honest my whole life (well, I return lost items!), I'm hoping that the cab driver or whoever found my purse will return it to me... and if anyone did, I'll say prayers for him/her always! ... I swear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

I hope so too daph... whoever returns it will be blessed for life by the holy me...

7/24/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger ケリオ said...

Aw man..I think if the same thing happened to me I'd panic straightaway. I hope your purse gets returned! =D

7/25/2006 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home