Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Whole New Start

Time: 5.10pm
Location: Town...office (YIPEE!)

Can you believe it? I'm in town. In office...and yes, my office's in town... I can literally feel myself weighing 10 pounds lighter while walking in here this morning.

It's my second day at work and I like it here. People are nice (so far) and it's so convenient. I'm also getting used to my new boss, who first appeared rather intimidating and demanding..but seemed to have mellow a little now that I'm officially his full-time staff.

My new place is just like 10mins walk away from my school, so one can imagine my excitment. New job, new colleagues, new school!

My last day at Loyang was rather... sad. I don't know...it has after all been almost 2 and a half yrs there, so I can't help feeling really... well, sad. I had to bring my luggage along to pack my stuffs...and yes, my desk is messy.

My colleagues gave me Marina Sq vouchers (I'm just so easy to read) and we had tiramisu cake and Swensen's cookies and cream ice cream cake to celebrate my last day...(also my accounts execu. last day)

Everything was so familiar...and then I came to this whole new place. I'm practically the only full-time female here, and therefore, I can imagine the 'uneasiness' of the guys. It's relatively quiet on the first day, but today's slightly better. I can hear people chatting now.

There's so much I want to update you guys with...but my boss's expecting my stuffs in a min..so I guess I'll have to update later!

I miss you people.
__________________

Time: 7.10pm

My boss is still not back yet. Well, I'm only an hour away from knocking off from work...and we're expected to see some important people tomorrow, so I have no idea what time I get to knock off...sigh.

Each day is getting better. Today's dinner is actually pretty nice. ( I took a pic with my hp...will load soon- talking about that, I'm using a new cellphone, MOTOROLA RAZR V6) They packed rice with hash browns, chicken, pork and green veg...and heaps of rice. I felt as though I was being compensated for forgetting my dinner yesterday.

I don't have a proper desk yet... my boss's always not around, so I also don't know who to ask. My boss did say that my station will be ready soon...(I don't know what soon means though) I am using Jane's laptop now, so my fingers are a little clumsy.

I'm actually feeling very, very tired. You see, I haven't had any decent rest since God knows when. I was working late at Loyang, then I'm doing freelance and tuitioning...then before I started work, my boss wanted me to help out in the meantime, so I'm juggling like 2 full-time jobs, tuition and freelance. Now that I'm at my new job, I'm pretty glad things are finally moving smoothly. The thought of the amount of money that I'll get at the end of all these gets me going. Now I may sound like I'm some money-driven freak...the truth is, I am.

I am so determined that this new job is going to be a whole new start to something great in my life. I just hope my gut feeling is going to be right again this time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it!
Each day is a better start *hugz*

4/11/2007 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is great D! good for you! :)

/bunny

4/11/2007 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home