So Much For Christmas
Time: 10.20am
Location: Office
Weather: Pouring Cats, Dogs, Rats and all from the Noah's Ark
Merry Christmas.
It's a Tuesday, but it sure feels like a Monday. A very grey Monday in fact. Was at my editor's place for a Christmas party and apart from me, the rest of my colleagues that went have yet to turn up this morning. Even my boss, who didn't go to the party, is yet to be seen.
I was at a prize presentation ceremony on Friday with my Mom. It's also her birthday. I kinda figured I wasn't going to win the top prize 'cos I guess one will know when they didn't put in much effort on something. It's a design competition that I've been thinking about but due to the hectic deadlines, I was left with only 1 day to come up with something. So getting a consolation wasn't half-bad. Anyway, during the prize presentation, I wanted to have a picture taken with my work. As my Mom is totally not the most tech-savvy person around, I gently tugged the sleeve of a guy who was taking a picture of his friend, whom I presumed was the 1st prize winner. Sounding as sweetly as possible, I went "Hi, do you mind taking a picture for me?"
Without even looking down (Yes, down, he's like 2 heads taller), he mumbled "Erm, no, I've got my own camera."
What the!(#U*(#()#&()#?
Luckily the helpful organiser immediately came over to help me.
See, see why I find local guys sooooo appalling. Ok, maybe not ALL of them, but there's like at least 45 percent who's like... 'unsalvagable'...(My own special term, yeah, shoot me for bad English)
And then, on MSN today, I saw the English man I had the slightest crush on when I went to Japan. He's apparently dating the China woman, and his MSN Nick was 'Bao bei wo ai ni'. Ok, I'm soooo gonna hurl. For goodness sake, he only knows the woman for like 3 months? I don't know...and he's applying for her visa to go to England for half a year. How in the world am I suppose to tell him, "Look, you've gonna be wiser than that!"
But then again, I don't even know him that well either. In fact, I've only known him for 1 full week in Japan. Hahaha....
Was at Jen's place for her X'mas party... nice homely affair...which is probably going to happen again on NYE, but at my senior's place this time.
Oh, back to X'mas. Something happened yesterday that made me think. And it REALLY made me think.
You know, how X'mas is supposed to be the time to give and share, tell the truth and be gracious...– in fact, everything nice. Well, apart from my totally miserly boss who only knows how to receive, but never to give... I was quite affected by something that a close ex-colleague-who-turned-friend did.
We all know during X'mas, we sometimes receive things that's totally unneccessary...like one too many mugs (Which I gave my whole office..haha), tonnes and tonnes of chocolates... but at the end of the day, we all know it's the thoughts that counts. We wouldn't really say "Hey, I hate your gift."
Well, I literally got that right smack on my face.
My ex-colleague/friend (the one who had a misunderstanding with me over her spending habits) met up with me on X'mas day. I've always wanted to give her something back in return for her generosity on my birthday. (Which she gave me a collectible of Jack, the skeleton) So despite being ultra broke from paying my first insalment of the school fees, I bought her a handphone holder cum Topshop purse.
Her reaction was rather shocking... let's just say she outright told me she did't like what I gave. "It's not her style..but then again, our styles are different."
I was stunned but nevertheless, it's a spirit of giving, so I told her I'll take back the present, and we'll go choose something she'll like. So I ended up buying her a book, titled "How to Kill A Mocking Bird". The irony.
I don't know... it's pretty insulting, though she did admit it's hard to buy a gift for her, as she's rather fussy...but I don't know. Perhaps it's to do with one's EQ. I think that's probably the last time I personally choose something for her.
Merry Christmas... Happy New Year.
Location: Office
Weather: Pouring Cats, Dogs, Rats and all from the Noah's Ark
Merry Christmas.
It's a Tuesday, but it sure feels like a Monday. A very grey Monday in fact. Was at my editor's place for a Christmas party and apart from me, the rest of my colleagues that went have yet to turn up this morning. Even my boss, who didn't go to the party, is yet to be seen.
I was at a prize presentation ceremony on Friday with my Mom. It's also her birthday. I kinda figured I wasn't going to win the top prize 'cos I guess one will know when they didn't put in much effort on something. It's a design competition that I've been thinking about but due to the hectic deadlines, I was left with only 1 day to come up with something. So getting a consolation wasn't half-bad. Anyway, during the prize presentation, I wanted to have a picture taken with my work. As my Mom is totally not the most tech-savvy person around, I gently tugged the sleeve of a guy who was taking a picture of his friend, whom I presumed was the 1st prize winner. Sounding as sweetly as possible, I went "Hi, do you mind taking a picture for me?"
Without even looking down (Yes, down, he's like 2 heads taller), he mumbled "Erm, no, I've got my own camera."
What the!(#U*(#()#&()#?
Luckily the helpful organiser immediately came over to help me.
See, see why I find local guys sooooo appalling. Ok, maybe not ALL of them, but there's like at least 45 percent who's like... 'unsalvagable'...(My own special term, yeah, shoot me for bad English)
And then, on MSN today, I saw the English man I had the slightest crush on when I went to Japan. He's apparently dating the China woman, and his MSN Nick was 'Bao bei wo ai ni'. Ok, I'm soooo gonna hurl. For goodness sake, he only knows the woman for like 3 months? I don't know...and he's applying for her visa to go to England for half a year. How in the world am I suppose to tell him, "Look, you've gonna be wiser than that!"
But then again, I don't even know him that well either. In fact, I've only known him for 1 full week in Japan. Hahaha....
Was at Jen's place for her X'mas party... nice homely affair...which is probably going to happen again on NYE, but at my senior's place this time.
Oh, back to X'mas. Something happened yesterday that made me think. And it REALLY made me think.
You know, how X'mas is supposed to be the time to give and share, tell the truth and be gracious...– in fact, everything nice. Well, apart from my totally miserly boss who only knows how to receive, but never to give... I was quite affected by something that a close ex-colleague-who-turned-friend did.
We all know during X'mas, we sometimes receive things that's totally unneccessary...like one too many mugs (Which I gave my whole office..haha), tonnes and tonnes of chocolates... but at the end of the day, we all know it's the thoughts that counts. We wouldn't really say "Hey, I hate your gift."
Well, I literally got that right smack on my face.
My ex-colleague/friend (the one who had a misunderstanding with me over her spending habits) met up with me on X'mas day. I've always wanted to give her something back in return for her generosity on my birthday. (Which she gave me a collectible of Jack, the skeleton) So despite being ultra broke from paying my first insalment of the school fees, I bought her a handphone holder cum Topshop purse.
Her reaction was rather shocking... let's just say she outright told me she did't like what I gave. "It's not her style..but then again, our styles are different."
I was stunned but nevertheless, it's a spirit of giving, so I told her I'll take back the present, and we'll go choose something she'll like. So I ended up buying her a book, titled "How to Kill A Mocking Bird". The irony.
I don't know... it's pretty insulting, though she did admit it's hard to buy a gift for her, as she's rather fussy...but I don't know. Perhaps it's to do with one's EQ. I think that's probably the last time I personally choose something for her.
Merry Christmas... Happy New Year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home