Bangkok Bangkok
Time: 11.25am
Location: Loyang.... (counting down)
I finally got my butt down to blog about my recent trip. I realised that every trip feels different...different memories, different people....
My official trip in 2005 to Taiwan was memorable for the many tasty goodies and truckloads of shopping spots. Things were not cheap but at least they were 'original' (Made in Taiwan...not imported from Bangkok yet claimed to be self-designed)...but sales people were not necessary pleasant.
Trip to Japan in 2006 was an eye-opener and quite a massive 'social-event'. I met wonderful people who gave me the best hospitality that I could ever asked for, and befriended a couple of like-minded people. The culture, the food...even the weather, felt just right. Only downside was I didn't get to explore more mainstream places like Shibuya or Harajuku. Well, if there's a first, I'm sure there'll be a second.
My most recent trip to Bangkok was simply ...Exhausting. Yes, I felt like I've completed not one, but three marathons in the span of 4 days. It's shopping, shopping and more shopping. Things are so cheap and nice (and very much like those you find in Far East) that I don't think I can spend another dollar at certain shops that I used to frequent. (Why? Cos' they lied to me that those stuffs are from Korea or Hong Kong but I saw identical pieces in Bangkok!!!(!*(!#()#!)
The only downside was the people. Not to say they're not nice or friendly, no, they're very friendly and obliging..but sometimes, I think that not all are genuinely nice. Of course, the Thais are known to be very friendly people, but the few we met during the trip were friendly to us only because they wanted our monies. (Except for this one guy that offered to show us the direction to the sky-train while we were looking like complete clueless tourists with maps) I guess sometimes, when you visit a developing country, you have to expect certain differences. Like cabs have meters but won't turn them on so they can charge you more... or people quoting you one price but ends up charging you another.
Ok for now, I got to go for lunchie. Will be back later to blog more and post up some pics!:)
Location: Loyang.... (counting down)
I finally got my butt down to blog about my recent trip. I realised that every trip feels different...different memories, different people....
My official trip in 2005 to Taiwan was memorable for the many tasty goodies and truckloads of shopping spots. Things were not cheap but at least they were 'original' (Made in Taiwan...not imported from Bangkok yet claimed to be self-designed)...but sales people were not necessary pleasant.
Trip to Japan in 2006 was an eye-opener and quite a massive 'social-event'. I met wonderful people who gave me the best hospitality that I could ever asked for, and befriended a couple of like-minded people. The culture, the food...even the weather, felt just right. Only downside was I didn't get to explore more mainstream places like Shibuya or Harajuku. Well, if there's a first, I'm sure there'll be a second.
My most recent trip to Bangkok was simply ...Exhausting. Yes, I felt like I've completed not one, but three marathons in the span of 4 days. It's shopping, shopping and more shopping. Things are so cheap and nice (and very much like those you find in Far East) that I don't think I can spend another dollar at certain shops that I used to frequent. (Why? Cos' they lied to me that those stuffs are from Korea or Hong Kong but I saw identical pieces in Bangkok!!!(!*(!#()#!)
The only downside was the people. Not to say they're not nice or friendly, no, they're very friendly and obliging..but sometimes, I think that not all are genuinely nice. Of course, the Thais are known to be very friendly people, but the few we met during the trip were friendly to us only because they wanted our monies. (Except for this one guy that offered to show us the direction to the sky-train while we were looking like complete clueless tourists with maps) I guess sometimes, when you visit a developing country, you have to expect certain differences. Like cabs have meters but won't turn them on so they can charge you more... or people quoting you one price but ends up charging you another.
Ok for now, I got to go for lunchie. Will be back later to blog more and post up some pics!:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home