Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pre-Memory Loss

Time: 11.05am
Location: Office

I think I am probably going to have dementia by the time I'm 40. Just a while ago, I actually forgot my username to sign in for my blog. I was quite frantic for a while before I realised I've used my own name.... (sheesh..silly me)

Maybe it's got to do with the paranoia since the loss of my purse. It's like I can't help but ask myself 'why in the world could I have forgotten!?'.... Well, it's not really helping since I can't possibly recover what's lost. But guys, if I do have dementia anytime soon, tell me to go read my own blog.

Last Friday, I was at Carlton hotel to attend a volunteer dinner. I was volunteering for Children's Society and I'm kinda ashamed that I've only done like ONE minor stuff for them and I got invited. I kept telling the lady to 'gimme more stuff to do', so I won't feel like I'm a free-loader. But it was all in good fun, people were nice (though almost no one talked to me the whole time) and polite and the dinner was good. Looking forward to more contribution to the society.

Then on Sunday, my ex-colleague and I went to MAAD flea market again. I'm glad we've made up since that silly 'I nag at you for spending too much' incident. We practically scouted the whole of Singapore for quaint shops and eclectic finds. The itinerary for the day goes like this:

Meetup: 1pm at Tanjong Pagar for Red Dot Museum
(Left in 10 mins)
Walked towards China Square and explored little shops along the way.
Bought stuffs at China Square flea market and walked to People's Park complex.
Lunch at People's Park
Walked to City hall to explore the new Raffles City basement market.
Had healthy slush.
Went to Granny's Day out and Playground at Peninsula. Tried a top but didn't buy. (Phew..good...now saved $29.00)
Walked to Old Parliament lane. Nothing to see.
Took a cab to Haji Lane. All shops almost closed. Had a drink at an Egyptian cafe and got pestered by an old man for money.
Walked to Bugis Seiyu.
Went to Icon@Bugis Point and bought shoes at $29.00....(eerrr...just spent it again)

See, told u I almost travelled the whole of Singapore.:)

Aniways.... (Gosh, i love this word, esp. with the S)I am going for a movie marathon on Friday!!! I'm going watch Monster House and The Devil Wears Prada... think it's starting at 11pm till like...I dunno, 5am? Hope I won't fall asleep!

Fast forward to September 14. I am set to go and attend the wedding at Osaka. Will be arriving at Bangkok with Mommy and then go Nagoya Airport. Maybe everything's happening so suddenly that the excitment has yet to sink in. I even bought 'Japanese for Dummies' and have only read up to Chapter 2. Now I know that Japanese end their phrases with verbs. I mean, when I paid $360 for my Japanese course in poly, they never taught us that! What a rip-off.

______________________________________________________________________________

Been reading up a lot on brown's blog. Realised that I'm getting more involved in politics. Not involved as in go for rallies and stuff, but I feel like I'm keeping myself updated..which is good. Aris, my senior suggested that I set up my own opposition party. That's worth some thought....ok, I'm kidding la!

Notice how this entry seems to be quite inconsistent... told u I'm having memory loss. I'm just S.L.O.W.L.Y recalling what's going on in my life before typing it out.

*Laments: MSN has been wonky. Now I can't sign in with my yahoo account...

2 Comments:

Blogger ケリオ said...

Memory loss? Politics?

Could be related, y'know.

If you ever feel seriously confused about your japanese, just write about it! Then I can valiantly be confused with you. I happen to excel at the *pat-pat-there-there* routine.

8/31/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Ying said...

Daph, I forgot Kerio's actually quite the Japanese language expert! Haha..

I guess my Japanese is just as bad, 'cos I hardly get to use it. The last time I remembered, I was talking to a couple of 3-yrs-old Japanese kids from the preschool where I worked...and they understood me. So my vocabulary of Japanese phrases is probably that of a 3-yr-old!

8/31/2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home