Fond Memories
Time: 10.34am
Location: Office
I never realised how fast time flies, until once in a while, someone you once knew came along to revive your memories. And many a times, I'm glad they came along. A junior of mine from my sec. school band added me in her MSN. I thought it was someone else, and thus, didn't really bother to 'entertain' her. When I realised it was my long-lost junior from band, I was more than ecstatic. She has since blossomed into a fine young lady, who graduated from Uni, became an air-stewardess and now works in the finance field.
She was my trumpet junior back in those days, where staying back for CCAs was one of the few things we looked forward to. Teens back in my days don't hang out at malls or arcades (at least not often), we were always preparing for concerts or SYFs. I remembered her as this tall, chatty girl, with short hair and a cherubic face. Me and my best pal always bullied her, simply 'cos she talks too much. We even made up this imaginary girl to compare with her (the imaginary girl was called Jia Lin, a moniker of my junior's name) I guessed back in those days, 'bullying' and 'teasing' were STRANGE ways of affections. We really like her, just that we enjoy teasing her a lot too.
I have since lost touch with my best pal. I still have her number, but I think she kinda slipped into depression and didn't really want to keep in contact with me. I still miss her, but I really dunno what to say to her, without having her feel inadequent.....
I remembered how we used to have sectional practices, and the whole trumpet section would retreat to this corner and practice. There were 3 gals and 3 boys then, so it was a fair mix and we all bonded perfectly. Most of the time, we were just making annoying sounds with our instruments at the people living in the opposite block. There was this Indian boy who would 'interact' with us from his window every Saturday morning. It was really fun.
I remembered the time when we first went to Sarawak for a trip. I didn't do well for my mid-year exams then, but all fears of getting reprimanded were brushed aside the moment we were at Sarawak. The memories were vague but things like pillow-fights, pranks and 'ghostly encounters' come to mind.
Then there was the first SYF we participated in. I remembered sitting in the band room, awaiting the results. When the bus drove in with the seniors, I remembered them waving frantically to us, shouting "We've won silver!"....the feeling...it was overwhelming.
We were the 2nd batch of members in the band. Our senior were closer amongst themselves but we totally bonded with our juniors. We went to each other's place, we hang out to watch movies and iceskate.


God, what would I give to turn back time.
Location: Office
I never realised how fast time flies, until once in a while, someone you once knew came along to revive your memories. And many a times, I'm glad they came along. A junior of mine from my sec. school band added me in her MSN. I thought it was someone else, and thus, didn't really bother to 'entertain' her. When I realised it was my long-lost junior from band, I was more than ecstatic. She has since blossomed into a fine young lady, who graduated from Uni, became an air-stewardess and now works in the finance field.
She was my trumpet junior back in those days, where staying back for CCAs was one of the few things we looked forward to. Teens back in my days don't hang out at malls or arcades (at least not often), we were always preparing for concerts or SYFs. I remembered her as this tall, chatty girl, with short hair and a cherubic face. Me and my best pal always bullied her, simply 'cos she talks too much. We even made up this imaginary girl to compare with her (the imaginary girl was called Jia Lin, a moniker of my junior's name) I guessed back in those days, 'bullying' and 'teasing' were STRANGE ways of affections. We really like her, just that we enjoy teasing her a lot too.
I have since lost touch with my best pal. I still have her number, but I think she kinda slipped into depression and didn't really want to keep in contact with me. I still miss her, but I really dunno what to say to her, without having her feel inadequent.....
I remembered how we used to have sectional practices, and the whole trumpet section would retreat to this corner and practice. There were 3 gals and 3 boys then, so it was a fair mix and we all bonded perfectly. Most of the time, we were just making annoying sounds with our instruments at the people living in the opposite block. There was this Indian boy who would 'interact' with us from his window every Saturday morning. It was really fun.
I remembered the time when we first went to Sarawak for a trip. I didn't do well for my mid-year exams then, but all fears of getting reprimanded were brushed aside the moment we were at Sarawak. The memories were vague but things like pillow-fights, pranks and 'ghostly encounters' come to mind.
Then there was the first SYF we participated in. I remembered sitting in the band room, awaiting the results. When the bus drove in with the seniors, I remembered them waving frantically to us, shouting "We've won silver!"....the feeling...it was overwhelming.
We were the 2nd batch of members in the band. Our senior were closer amongst themselves but we totally bonded with our juniors. We went to each other's place, we hang out to watch movies and iceskate.


God, what would I give to turn back time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home