Thursday, May 01, 2008

Compromise

Time: 11.36pm

I'm so angry with the world. It's like every corner I turn, I see people who're out to irk me. I hate it when people try to take advantage of me. They think that just because I appear obliging, I'm a pushover.

I adore my dear friends to bits, and they know that I will go all out just to help them, but these are not the people I'm talking about.

I've got mere acquaintances who think they know me very well, and try to milk what I'm worth. Sometimes, I have to politely decline helping them when I actually really want to give them a piece of my mind.

It's just me, I don't really want to be nice to begin with. I only want to be nice to people I find deserving and worthy of my time and patience. Is it being hypocritical if I maintain my silence when I really just want to show them the finger?

___________________________________

I was reading up the whole 161 pages JET programme handbook. There's soooo many things to lookout for. Insurance, lodgings, taxes...even where to get birth control pills, it's all listed down.

I even managed to googled for some forums which discussed about this exchange programme. Some of the questions they asked during interviews include "Who is the emperor of Japan?" and "Who is the current education minister in Japan?". I'm never one to read up about current affairs or politics - my favourite section is the life section of the papers. In fact, my 'must-read' are Foxtrot and Sherman's Lagoon, both comic strips. I am now contemplating between printing out a whole manual about Japan to hooking up with the Japanese tennis coaches from Zouk in order to have an insight about Japan.

I just want to fly away...and leave whatever worries I have behind. But for now, the only channel I seek relief in is through my blog....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww D, I know what you mean abt the friends stuff. it's so true that some acquaintances take more then they ask for. I really wonder why some of them don't ask their friends and come and ask the people who are easy to con... sucks.

the whole exchange programme sounds pretty interesting. I know of someone who is like you, waiting to try and find ways and means to leave as well. I think she tried Japan but I'm not sure. I wish you luck on that though. :)

5/02/2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger Ying said...

Exactly! I actually told one off..wahahaha..

Thanks babe :) I do hope it'll come true.

5/02/2008 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home