Learning About Life
Time: 10.32am
It's a Saturday, one of the days when I practically have to drag myself to work. Can't blame me... who likes to work on a weekend? That's why it's called a weekend...'WEEK-END', so it should be one of the days when you lounge in bed, tucked under your quilt, with soft music playing in the background, and the aircon on full blast. You're only be awakened by the smell of pancakes in the pan or hot coffee from the pot. It's one of those days when you can stumble out of bed in your worst 'fresh-out-of-bed' hairstyle and no one gives two hoots about it.
It's those days that I look forward to.
But today is not one of those days... it's the day when I had to force my eyes open to the sound of my alarm clock ringing and to find that I've overslept... It's one of those days that my hair won't behave no matter how hard I brush it. One of those days when I feel heavily bloated...a sign that some unwanted 'relative' is visiting soon.
One of those days that I don't look forward to.
As I plug into my earphones in the less than crowded train, and toggle at the song lists, I realised that I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics of one of the songs from my fav. movie/ book, "A Walk To Remember". The words suddenly struck me as if it was a sign from heaven, enlightening me about life and the state I'm in.
Learning To Breathe by Switchfoot
Hello, good morning, how you do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new
So this is the way that I say I need you
This is the way
This is the way that I'm
Learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that
You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad
I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
This is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way, this is the way
That I'm learning to breathe
It's a Saturday, one of the days when I practically have to drag myself to work. Can't blame me... who likes to work on a weekend? That's why it's called a weekend...'WEEK-END', so it should be one of the days when you lounge in bed, tucked under your quilt, with soft music playing in the background, and the aircon on full blast. You're only be awakened by the smell of pancakes in the pan or hot coffee from the pot. It's one of those days when you can stumble out of bed in your worst 'fresh-out-of-bed' hairstyle and no one gives two hoots about it.
It's those days that I look forward to.
But today is not one of those days... it's the day when I had to force my eyes open to the sound of my alarm clock ringing and to find that I've overslept... It's one of those days that my hair won't behave no matter how hard I brush it. One of those days when I feel heavily bloated...a sign that some unwanted 'relative' is visiting soon.
One of those days that I don't look forward to.
As I plug into my earphones in the less than crowded train, and toggle at the song lists, I realised that I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics of one of the songs from my fav. movie/ book, "A Walk To Remember". The words suddenly struck me as if it was a sign from heaven, enlightening me about life and the state I'm in.
Learning To Breathe by Switchfoot
Hello, good morning, how you do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new
So this is the way that I say I need you
This is the way
This is the way that I'm
Learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that
You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad
I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
This is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way, this is the way
That I'm learning to breathe

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home