Envy
Time: 3.22pm
The weather is still horrendous, if not worst. The reason why I have time to blog now is because I'm backing up my files and I can't open a decent application to do my work. So you see, I don't always slack at work by visiting sprees, blogs or forums.... I only do those things when I feel overloaded, totally annoyed, stressed up or..like now, backing up my files. *beams
Miss Divine-butterfly passed me something yesterday. Something that makes me green with envy. Ok, almost green, but perhaps just passed the lemon yellow stage (go figure from the color wheel). Gone are the days when invitations are known to be red, and thus given the dubious honor of 'Red Bomb' in Mandarin. Miss DB presented me with a handmade white wedding invite. It's like really small, fits into my palm, and the information were typed out neatly on fancy paper, and flips like a tiny book.
Yes, she's getting married.
Now, before all of you starts reading between the lines and declare me a spinster in the making, I am not, I repeat, NOT, desperate as yet. I say I'm green with envy because she has the sweetest thing for a husband-to-be.
For a start, Mr. Sang (Yes, that's his name actually) drinks Milo-Kosong Peng like me. We coincidentally ordered the same drink at the same time once in front of Miss DB and she threw a suspicious glare at us. He's in the design field too! He's a dragon-boater and is the kind of guy you'll bring home to show Mommy dearest and she'll nod in approval. I remembered seeing him sweating profusely at the BBQ pit at her block on her 21st birthday, looking and behaving like the perfect future son-in-law. Of course I'm sure they have their fair share of problems, but often, he seems like the perfect catch for almost any girl. No, we're not secretly dating... I just think he'll make a great husband for my dearest friend...
I remembered asking her if there's going to be eligible guys at her wedding, so I'd know if I should bother to dress up. She gave me an honest reply...brutal but honest... "No. They are not eligible...." and by that I know she meant they're probably guys I won't even list down in my to-date checkbook.
Sigh. So how can you blame me for saying all the decent guys are taken!? No wait, before this statement angered my male friends who might be reading this... now calm down. You're an excellent catch.... I'm just fussy, picky, demanding and hard to please. So its my fault for thinking I should marry some foreigner.
I'm not good enough for locals la. Phew.
The weather is still horrendous, if not worst. The reason why I have time to blog now is because I'm backing up my files and I can't open a decent application to do my work. So you see, I don't always slack at work by visiting sprees, blogs or forums.... I only do those things when I feel overloaded, totally annoyed, stressed up or..like now, backing up my files. *beams
Miss Divine-butterfly passed me something yesterday. Something that makes me green with envy. Ok, almost green, but perhaps just passed the lemon yellow stage (go figure from the color wheel). Gone are the days when invitations are known to be red, and thus given the dubious honor of 'Red Bomb' in Mandarin. Miss DB presented me with a handmade white wedding invite. It's like really small, fits into my palm, and the information were typed out neatly on fancy paper, and flips like a tiny book.
Yes, she's getting married.
Now, before all of you starts reading between the lines and declare me a spinster in the making, I am not, I repeat, NOT, desperate as yet. I say I'm green with envy because she has the sweetest thing for a husband-to-be.
For a start, Mr. Sang (Yes, that's his name actually) drinks Milo-Kosong Peng like me. We coincidentally ordered the same drink at the same time once in front of Miss DB and she threw a suspicious glare at us. He's in the design field too! He's a dragon-boater and is the kind of guy you'll bring home to show Mommy dearest and she'll nod in approval. I remembered seeing him sweating profusely at the BBQ pit at her block on her 21st birthday, looking and behaving like the perfect future son-in-law. Of course I'm sure they have their fair share of problems, but often, he seems like the perfect catch for almost any girl. No, we're not secretly dating... I just think he'll make a great husband for my dearest friend...
I remembered asking her if there's going to be eligible guys at her wedding, so I'd know if I should bother to dress up. She gave me an honest reply...brutal but honest... "No. They are not eligible...." and by that I know she meant they're probably guys I won't even list down in my to-date checkbook.
Sigh. So how can you blame me for saying all the decent guys are taken!? No wait, before this statement angered my male friends who might be reading this... now calm down. You're an excellent catch.... I'm just fussy, picky, demanding and hard to please. So its my fault for thinking I should marry some foreigner.
I'm not good enough for locals la. Phew.

4 Comments:
Hey Ying,
Thanks for your blessing. I am sure you will find your soul mate one day. He is somewhere out there, thinking when he can find you too :)
Awwww.. babe.. thanks so much. That's why I love you so.
Well, I'm not worried la, I know heaven will be kind to me, afterall, it's better to marry late (or never) then to marry the wrong guy right?
I love u so much.
Not good enough for locals? No problem, I'll turn my trip into a mission to help you find someone. ;)
Hehe take care yeah... I'll still be reading your blog as and when I can from halfway around the world!
*hugs*
Hahaha, counting on you now, Miss Pinchy!
And enjoy your rendezvous in Europe. I like dark haired, charming, suave with piercing eyes (think that Miller guy from Prison Break) and speaks English.
Whahahaha. Miss you already :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home