Virgin Suicide Vote
Time: 1.34pm
Date: 8 May
I am never going to read the papers again when the next election comes. Everything seems so fabricated...and it's all so pro-PAP. I have nothing against the government, though I am just like any other citizen who takes a backseat when it comes to politics, I am still quite cheesed off by the reports in the papers. It's like there's no freedom of speech here, and the older I've grown, things seems to be clearer to me...thus, when the next election comes (which by then, will have a hike in GST, water and electricity bills, bus fares, MRT fares, 1900-lines)... I am just going to attend all the rallies and make the decision for myself... I only made my decision that morning of polling day... well, I didn't want to let my vote go to waste by voting for neither parties, so i'm going to make my virgin vote worthwhile. In the meantime, I am going to make a plea to PAP...
Dear PAP,
I used to attend the PAP kindergarten in Toa Payoh and I always wave to you all at the National Stadium during NDP. I even know the names of the ministers and I sincerely believe that Mr LKY contributed a lot in making what Singapore has become today. I even did a History project in Sec 2 about the independence of Singapore and I got an A1 for it. However, I am just a poor artist who is struggling to survive in this competitive society and I have to pay for my raising bills, transport and insurance...and the only thing that has yet to raise, is my wage.
So please do not increase any more taxes... and if you must, please make the progress package an annual thingy.
Yours,
Donuts
For all those who's asking me who I'm voting. I can only tell you one thing... MY VOTE IS SECRET. (yah right... as if they can't check and find out)
Read about how some people wanted to join the opposition but were discouraged by their families for fear of what the government can do to them...read about the claims on how Mr HSL wanted to "fix" the opposition and how Mr Gomez screwed up his life by mere absentmindedness.... sigh...see, now you know why I don't want to read the papers, it's so depressing and cutthroat...
I even met a SUPER eloquent cabby last Thurs who spoke with a mild accent and his views on politics were simply astounding...in fact, I think he intimidated me a little. But then he revealed, despite all the things he said, he's still voting for PAP....
Hypocritical? Coward? *shrugs
____________________________
Was at 2 separate flea markets on Saturday and what a drastic difference they were. Fashionista Bazaar at Ink Bar was flooded with trendy/chio/ upmarket/ 'ah-tas' fashionistas who were squeezing one another to get to the branded stuff on sale...but for me and my pals, 'SALE' there means 'STILL A LITTLE EXPENSIVE' for us. Everything there was almost above $80...so there ya go, I'll rather go back to my Timberlux.
And Timberlux, though not as luxurious looking, feels just like home. I even met a few friends there, one of whom has a booth there. I bought a vintage dress (which almost caused me and Jen to have an argument) for $18 and 2 tees for $10... pity it's not a monthly thingy, but no worries, Zouk's flea market's on the 4th June... (I think)... wait for me, I'l be there!
We proceeded to watch MI3 at Lido after that and to be honest, I've never warched MI 1 and 2, so I went there, just for the sake of the company. It wasn't that bad though, (I didn't quite like Tom-going to be MJ-Cruise) but I realised one thing from that movie, 'Guys STILL think about sex even before they died...' ...if you disagree with this statement, go watch the movie... and look out for the past where he almost died, but all he could think of was him in bed with his wifey....
Oh well, Ma and Pa's going away to visit my Grandparent's for this week and I'm going to be so lonely. I am just going to fully utilise my nights watch 'Da Chang Jin'....
Date: 8 May
I am never going to read the papers again when the next election comes. Everything seems so fabricated...and it's all so pro-PAP. I have nothing against the government, though I am just like any other citizen who takes a backseat when it comes to politics, I am still quite cheesed off by the reports in the papers. It's like there's no freedom of speech here, and the older I've grown, things seems to be clearer to me...thus, when the next election comes (which by then, will have a hike in GST, water and electricity bills, bus fares, MRT fares, 1900-lines)... I am just going to attend all the rallies and make the decision for myself... I only made my decision that morning of polling day... well, I didn't want to let my vote go to waste by voting for neither parties, so i'm going to make my virgin vote worthwhile. In the meantime, I am going to make a plea to PAP...
Dear PAP,
I used to attend the PAP kindergarten in Toa Payoh and I always wave to you all at the National Stadium during NDP. I even know the names of the ministers and I sincerely believe that Mr LKY contributed a lot in making what Singapore has become today. I even did a History project in Sec 2 about the independence of Singapore and I got an A1 for it. However, I am just a poor artist who is struggling to survive in this competitive society and I have to pay for my raising bills, transport and insurance...and the only thing that has yet to raise, is my wage.
So please do not increase any more taxes... and if you must, please make the progress package an annual thingy.
Yours,
Donuts
For all those who's asking me who I'm voting. I can only tell you one thing... MY VOTE IS SECRET. (yah right... as if they can't check and find out)
Read about how some people wanted to join the opposition but were discouraged by their families for fear of what the government can do to them...read about the claims on how Mr HSL wanted to "fix" the opposition and how Mr Gomez screwed up his life by mere absentmindedness.... sigh...see, now you know why I don't want to read the papers, it's so depressing and cutthroat...
I even met a SUPER eloquent cabby last Thurs who spoke with a mild accent and his views on politics were simply astounding...in fact, I think he intimidated me a little. But then he revealed, despite all the things he said, he's still voting for PAP....
Hypocritical? Coward? *shrugs
____________________________
Was at 2 separate flea markets on Saturday and what a drastic difference they were. Fashionista Bazaar at Ink Bar was flooded with trendy/chio/ upmarket/ 'ah-tas' fashionistas who were squeezing one another to get to the branded stuff on sale...but for me and my pals, 'SALE' there means 'STILL A LITTLE EXPENSIVE' for us. Everything there was almost above $80...so there ya go, I'll rather go back to my Timberlux.
And Timberlux, though not as luxurious looking, feels just like home. I even met a few friends there, one of whom has a booth there. I bought a vintage dress (which almost caused me and Jen to have an argument) for $18 and 2 tees for $10... pity it's not a monthly thingy, but no worries, Zouk's flea market's on the 4th June... (I think)... wait for me, I'l be there!
We proceeded to watch MI3 at Lido after that and to be honest, I've never warched MI 1 and 2, so I went there, just for the sake of the company. It wasn't that bad though, (I didn't quite like Tom-going to be MJ-Cruise) but I realised one thing from that movie, 'Guys STILL think about sex even before they died...' ...if you disagree with this statement, go watch the movie... and look out for the past where he almost died, but all he could think of was him in bed with his wifey....
Oh well, Ma and Pa's going away to visit my Grandparent's for this week and I'm going to be so lonely. I am just going to fully utilise my nights watch 'Da Chang Jin'....

4 Comments:
Cowards. Would You risk your life and livelihood just to prove a point? I would - but then, I'd emigrate as well.
And the last part is not true - it's just that our lives flash before our eyes before we die, and sex happens to be the more exciting parts. I mean, could you imagine your life flashing before your eyes and you remember a ski trip you took when you were young? That'd be disturbing.
Ur statement's darn funny. Hahaha....
Lonely?? Just holler! ;)
Honey, holler with me.... every night at 11.55pm sharp k, I'l love to hear from u in AMK from Tampines...*heh
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home