Mission Accomplished
Time: 10.36am
Actual Date for blogging: 12 March (so i'm like 2 weeks late)
Mission: To find the full collection for NBC Coffins
Location: China Square
Date: 12 March
Armed with my new camera, I'm determined to capture the day's event. I dragged Jen along with me and we headed to China Square. I used to work around that area and I've always like the atmosphere there. It's like so modern-going-to-be-vintage kinda feel. Oh well, I guess only I know what I'm saying.
I was supposed to venture Arab St/ Beach road someday but I guess I'll start with China Square first. I bought a few 'coffins' online from yahoo auctions and I'm on my way to collect them. I never knew that China Square has a flea market on weekends. It's great for toy collectors! I even met 2 ex schoolmates there..(ok, that was not important...I'm just blabbling away)
I was ecstatic when I found more of the 'coffins' to add to my collection. I bought my first one (the boogie man) in Taiwan and I really wanted to complete the collection. The nice lady who sold it to me was kind enough to gimme a discount..I sourced around but failed to find the last 2 to make the collection complete. It's the 2 of the little kidos..if u've got them...PLS SELL IT TO ME! It's from the first series... I doubt I'll be able to find them anywhere soon. So here's some of the pics I took that fateful day.
Jen loves to 'flaut' her side profile..

The flea market

Yucky Avacado blended and yummy chicken pie
Jen gets creative with the ads
TaDaa! The collection!
Aniway...I realised that Science is sooo tough these days. What kinda questions are they trying to get pri school kids to understand!? When I was in Pri 3, I was taught to put my hands in 2 pails of cold and hot water and differentiate the temperature (which even a 4-yr-old can do)...now my student is asked questions like : " Is bougainvillea poisonous? Is the outer covering of birds' feet skin or scales? Which of the following animals have mammary glands (MCQ Qns)" When I did a google on the second qns, I was given this – Birds' feet are covered with skin and then scales...***WHAT THE!?
I guess the education system here wants to challenge the poor child's general knowledge, but honestly, I think full-grown adults like us may not be able to answer them too...Gosh, spare the poor child..she's already confused enough.
Actual Date for blogging: 12 March (so i'm like 2 weeks late)
Mission: To find the full collection for NBC Coffins
Location: China Square
Date: 12 March
Armed with my new camera, I'm determined to capture the day's event. I dragged Jen along with me and we headed to China Square. I used to work around that area and I've always like the atmosphere there. It's like so modern-going-to-be-vintage kinda feel. Oh well, I guess only I know what I'm saying.
I was supposed to venture Arab St/ Beach road someday but I guess I'll start with China Square first. I bought a few 'coffins' online from yahoo auctions and I'm on my way to collect them. I never knew that China Square has a flea market on weekends. It's great for toy collectors! I even met 2 ex schoolmates there..(ok, that was not important...I'm just blabbling away)
I was ecstatic when I found more of the 'coffins' to add to my collection. I bought my first one (the boogie man) in Taiwan and I really wanted to complete the collection. The nice lady who sold it to me was kind enough to gimme a discount..I sourced around but failed to find the last 2 to make the collection complete. It's the 2 of the little kidos..if u've got them...PLS SELL IT TO ME! It's from the first series... I doubt I'll be able to find them anywhere soon. So here's some of the pics I took that fateful day.
Jen loves to 'flaut' her side profile..

The flea market

Yucky Avacado blended and yummy chicken pie
Jen gets creative with the ads
TaDaa! The collection!
Aniway...I realised that Science is sooo tough these days. What kinda questions are they trying to get pri school kids to understand!? When I was in Pri 3, I was taught to put my hands in 2 pails of cold and hot water and differentiate the temperature (which even a 4-yr-old can do)...now my student is asked questions like : " Is bougainvillea poisonous? Is the outer covering of birds' feet skin or scales? Which of the following animals have mammary glands (MCQ Qns)" When I did a google on the second qns, I was given this – Birds' feet are covered with skin and then scales...***WHAT THE!?
I guess the education system here wants to challenge the poor child's general knowledge, but honestly, I think full-grown adults like us may not be able to answer them too...Gosh, spare the poor child..she's already confused enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home