Monday, April 10, 2006

Privacy INVADED!

Time: 10.14am

I am outraged. Like totally furious...so much so that I wan to rip apart the clothes from that store.

Day: Sunday
Time: around 5pm
Location: People's Park Complex

I was gallivanting with Miss Woo , exploring places that we seldom go to. Just last week, we (Jiayin, Jen and I) ventured to Arab Street/Haji Lane , Liang Seah Street and China Town... we found some great buys and thus, this week, Jiayin and I (Jen had something on) decided to go to People's Park (which is still around china town...doh) We went to China Square(flea markets on Sunday) and then Ann Siang Rd (which almost all the stores were closed on Sundays). Everything was fine at People's Park until we stepped into this store.... 'Chong Kee' on the 3rd floor. It's a ladies fashion boutique (or shop...boutique sounds too high-class for them) and it's a husband and wife who manages the place. A pair of capri pants caught our eyes and we both decided to give it a try. However, the husband only took one pair to pass to Jiayin but not to me. I thought it could be that the fitting rooms were full (Jiayin entered one) so I probably had to wait for my turn...but when she came out, he didn't pass me a pair to try either. Undaunted, I looked for my size and went in to try. Just as I was putting it on, the lady boss drew the curtains open!! She saw me inside, and just drew the curtains back. I thought it was an accident and she probably didn't know that there was someone inside...until...the unthinkable happened. SHE DREW THE CURTAINS AGAIN!! Just when I was buttoning up the pants. This time, she just stood there and asked it it fits me. I was so shocked, I was at a loss for words. When both Jiayin and I came out to show each other how the pants fit, the lady boss kept insisting that the sizes were too small for both of us and Jiayin should wear my size..which is IMPOSSIBLE. She's like 2 sizes smaller than me. Then the lady boss mumbled to another customer that "people nowadays like to wear so tight...."

I told Jiayin that I didn't fit the pants and the lady boss commented "Yah lah, tell you cannot already, you still want to try." I was infuriated. I told her that she NEVER told me it wouldn't fit me. Besides, shouldn't customers have the right to try before buying?When I came out of the fitting room, there were 2 ladies talking to the lady boss. They were obviously waiting to try for the clothes but they just hung around talking and thus, did not notice that I've came out. When I told them nicely then there's a fitting room available, the lady boss scolded me for blocking their way ....(GRRRRR...) Jiayin didn't know about the curtain incident until we left the store. She bought the pants in her own size but the lady boss told her " You sure u want to buy this size? If too small, you come back and change, but my stock move very fast, no guarantees got left for u ah"

I left the shop feeling violated. Maybe that's why we all need to pay a higher price for better service. Besides, we saw another stall around the corner that had the same pants..and way cheaper. I felt like writing to Newpaper and complain about it. (sheesh, that's just a thought)

My mom said that aunties from these shops are usually like these..prob. because they're like 'Mothers', they feel it's ok to open up the curtains and ask you if it's alright...like how a mom will nag at her daughters...besides, she added, I look like a kiddo, probably an easier target to push around. Gosh.... my Mom's so wise.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Had a conversation on MSN with the IT guy for my company. Somehow we got to the topic about dressing. I said I'm a simple girl, and he said I'm not - based on how i dress. I asked him what's wrong with my dressing...and he said nothing wrong, just not simple. We went into a whole lengthy conversation on how 'one can't judge a book by its cover' before he said that he didn't say I dun look good what...Good, That satisfied me. For a split second, I thought that I was a bad-dresser. I told Jen about the conversation and she said that she'll be mad if someone said she's simple. I guess her definition of simple = naive. My definition is more of 'less expectations'. She said I'm definitely not a 'simple person' ... hmm. I guess if it's by her definitions, it's not such a bad thing after all.

Ok...now I am thinking how should I write the letter to Newpaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home