I'm The Fatty
Time: 11.29am
Location: Office
My ego's so bruised now.
I've been pudgy all my life...and I don't think I need anyone to remind me that. But recently, the word 'Fat' has been creeping up to me from all corners...as if I needed to be reminded of that.
I'm the official 'UFO' in the house. That stands for 'Unidentified Fatty Object'..my brother came up with that.
The other day, while I was at the temple waiting for my Mom, I saw my Aunty. She's like this typically short 'omachan' and I seem to tower over her 1.5m frame. She was with her son, who was buying Bak Kwa. And our conversation went something like this:
Me: Oh, Ah Boy Kor Kor buying Bak Kwa ah?
Aunty: Yah, I told him not to buy already... bak kwa is so fattening...
Me: Yah... high in calories..unhealthy
Aunty: Yah, women shouldn't eat too much, especially at my age, very unhealthy... so fat not nice.
Me: Yah true.
Aunty: Women fat ah very ugly one....(yaks away)
Me: (What're you hinting at, old lady)
Then the next day, I came across my new colleague's car..and he had this sign stuck on the front of it: NO FAT CHICKS.
Then yesterday, after tuition, my student accidentally locked herself out..and I had to wait with her for her uncle in the pouring rain at the shelter of her condo. (It's like some Taiwanese drama, where we were the abused children) Her uncle came and I asked if he could drop me at the nearest busstop. My student's younger brother (Who switches between angel and devil within seconds) exclaimed :Ying Jie Jie, why you want to sit in the car! You're too fat la!
STUMPED.
First time he ever said that, and in my face. Yeah, yeah..I had to laugh it off as I looked at the shocked expressions on his uncle and auntie's faces.
Yes, I'm the fatty. So what, bite me.
_________________________________
Was at the Cannery last Friday. Love the Clinic. Excellent crowd, or perhaps they had to invite some pretty faces to glam up the event. Saw reporters, models-(Jade Cole Again) and my uber-cool ex-editor, Hui. The exhilaration of seeing her! We shrieked like high-school girls.
It was there that I realised HOW MANY CUTE GUYS there are in Singapore. I don't even care if they're straight or gay. I was practically drooling. I think Jenna has to hold me back.:)
Ah...if everyday's like that... all the eye-candy. I'll work at the Cannery, man.
Location: Office
My ego's so bruised now.
I've been pudgy all my life...and I don't think I need anyone to remind me that. But recently, the word 'Fat' has been creeping up to me from all corners...as if I needed to be reminded of that.
I'm the official 'UFO' in the house. That stands for 'Unidentified Fatty Object'..my brother came up with that.
The other day, while I was at the temple waiting for my Mom, I saw my Aunty. She's like this typically short 'omachan' and I seem to tower over her 1.5m frame. She was with her son, who was buying Bak Kwa. And our conversation went something like this:
Me: Oh, Ah Boy Kor Kor buying Bak Kwa ah?
Aunty: Yah, I told him not to buy already... bak kwa is so fattening...
Me: Yah... high in calories..unhealthy
Aunty: Yah, women shouldn't eat too much, especially at my age, very unhealthy... so fat not nice.
Me: Yah true.
Aunty: Women fat ah very ugly one....(yaks away)
Me: (What're you hinting at, old lady)
Then the next day, I came across my new colleague's car..and he had this sign stuck on the front of it: NO FAT CHICKS.
Then yesterday, after tuition, my student accidentally locked herself out..and I had to wait with her for her uncle in the pouring rain at the shelter of her condo. (It's like some Taiwanese drama, where we were the abused children) Her uncle came and I asked if he could drop me at the nearest busstop. My student's younger brother (Who switches between angel and devil within seconds) exclaimed :Ying Jie Jie, why you want to sit in the car! You're too fat la!
STUMPED.
First time he ever said that, and in my face. Yeah, yeah..I had to laugh it off as I looked at the shocked expressions on his uncle and auntie's faces.
Yes, I'm the fatty. So what, bite me.
_________________________________
Was at the Cannery last Friday. Love the Clinic. Excellent crowd, or perhaps they had to invite some pretty faces to glam up the event. Saw reporters, models-(Jade Cole Again) and my uber-cool ex-editor, Hui. The exhilaration of seeing her! We shrieked like high-school girls.
It was there that I realised HOW MANY CUTE GUYS there are in Singapore. I don't even care if they're straight or gay. I was practically drooling. I think Jenna has to hold me back.:)
Ah...if everyday's like that... all the eye-candy. I'll work at the Cannery, man.

1 Comments:
Hahaha...u're the sweeeeeetest!
Merry X'mas babe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home