Ironic
Time: 9.35am
Location: Office
Disclaimer: Whatever is mentioned below that might offend anyone, it's just my personal opinions... read at own risk, guys.
When I'm blogging early in the morning in the office, it usually means that I'm bothered by something over the night.
My current Ang-Mo crush I met in Japan has declared that he has fallen for a China girl.
I know, I know, I only knew him for a brief week in Japan...but it's the chemistry and communication. I emailed him twice and then he didn't reply me for a few days... I saw him on MSN, (excitment!!!) and asked him how was his stay in China. Our conversation was surprisingly short. I almost felt like he didn't want to talk much to me. (Funny, considering how well we get along back in Japan)
Then he dropped the bomb. He met up with his online friend who's a Chinese in China and she's damn hot. He's now considering long distance relationship.
I think I must have been crushed!!! Esp. since my parents took a liking to him as well. (Esp. my mom, who kept raving about what a nice husband he'lll be....haha) Alanis song, 'Ironic' kept ringing in my head now. The line, "You met the man of your dreams, and then, you meet his beautiful wife".
I should've known. He's 30, I'm turning 24, and I look like I just graduated from college. That China girl probably looks like some Shanghai-high-class-socialite. He did try to send me a pic of her, but the stupid MSN had to go cranky on me.
Note: I'm not an SPG. He's by the far the first foreigner I fell for. Ok, not literally fell...but kinda took a liking to. It's soooo hard to find someone whom you can communicate with. And not just lame conversations and cheesy jokes. We could talk.
He could be a Japanese, an Indian or a Mexican for all I care, I think communication is the MOST important thing in any relationship. SG-guys are nice alright, but the very successful ones, who probably has a high-flying job, flashy car and nice apartment are usually too high and mighty and wouldn't bother to know regular heartland girls like me ...who also happens to look like your nerdy girl-next-door. The regular guys tend to be too comfy in their comfort zones and though they're nice and caring, they can get too.... sluggish. (Quote: Not ambitious) How often do you find a decent guy who has all the above of a successful SG-guy and yet be humble and not judge you?
Darn, now I have to start prowling for eligible men again!
Thanks to Lawrence aka Annabelle who snapped me out of my situation. He said since I was in my holiday mood, that probably explains why I find that Ang-Mo so appealing. Thanks for the advice. I just had to call an SG-guy to pour my woes.
Location: Office
Disclaimer: Whatever is mentioned below that might offend anyone, it's just my personal opinions... read at own risk, guys.
When I'm blogging early in the morning in the office, it usually means that I'm bothered by something over the night.
My current Ang-Mo crush I met in Japan has declared that he has fallen for a China girl.
I know, I know, I only knew him for a brief week in Japan...but it's the chemistry and communication. I emailed him twice and then he didn't reply me for a few days... I saw him on MSN, (excitment!!!) and asked him how was his stay in China. Our conversation was surprisingly short. I almost felt like he didn't want to talk much to me. (Funny, considering how well we get along back in Japan)
Then he dropped the bomb. He met up with his online friend who's a Chinese in China and she's damn hot. He's now considering long distance relationship.
I think I must have been crushed!!! Esp. since my parents took a liking to him as well. (Esp. my mom, who kept raving about what a nice husband he'lll be....haha) Alanis song, 'Ironic' kept ringing in my head now. The line, "You met the man of your dreams, and then, you meet his beautiful wife".
I should've known. He's 30, I'm turning 24, and I look like I just graduated from college. That China girl probably looks like some Shanghai-high-class-socialite. He did try to send me a pic of her, but the stupid MSN had to go cranky on me.
Note: I'm not an SPG. He's by the far the first foreigner I fell for. Ok, not literally fell...but kinda took a liking to. It's soooo hard to find someone whom you can communicate with. And not just lame conversations and cheesy jokes. We could talk.
He could be a Japanese, an Indian or a Mexican for all I care, I think communication is the MOST important thing in any relationship. SG-guys are nice alright, but the very successful ones, who probably has a high-flying job, flashy car and nice apartment are usually too high and mighty and wouldn't bother to know regular heartland girls like me ...who also happens to look like your nerdy girl-next-door. The regular guys tend to be too comfy in their comfort zones and though they're nice and caring, they can get too.... sluggish. (Quote: Not ambitious) How often do you find a decent guy who has all the above of a successful SG-guy and yet be humble and not judge you?
Darn, now I have to start prowling for eligible men again!
Thanks to Lawrence aka Annabelle who snapped me out of my situation. He said since I was in my holiday mood, that probably explains why I find that Ang-Mo so appealing. Thanks for the advice. I just had to call an SG-guy to pour my woes.

2 Comments:
Why would anyone be offended? It's the most touching piece I've ever read that's written by a SPG.
Just kidding =D
I do, however, find it rather strange that you go to Japan, meet Japanese, and for some reason manage to hitch an ang moh =.=?
I think being shallow is in the culture here - it's cultivated so that we never know better. "Don't think! Do as we tell you!" is the overwhelming message we hear daily. I guess you could pity Singaporeans (the majority, anyway) for being senseless cows.
And Chinese women are hot...but very shortly become Jezebels. I hope your ang moh friend is prepared for a lifetime of slavery.
Hahah..I'm blogging whilst u guys are writing this! Yes, god bless his poor soul.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home