Friday, May 25, 2007

Ambiguous

Time: A quarter past 8
Location: In my bedroom

I have an assignment due today at the stroke of midnight... it's almost like I'll be turning into a pumpkin if I don't get it submitted...(ok, I won't..but I'll flunk it)I'm still basking in the joy of my earlier grade for my 1st assignment. I haven't had that joy for the longest time, especially since I haven't even written any proper essay since... 2000? Even my boss is pleased and I'm happy, 'cos I felt like everything was worth it. It was in fact quite a good day for me yesterday, the cheque for referral fee came, my yahoo auction item arrived, my 1st collection of clothings had its samples produced, and then my grades... I only hope that this stroke of good luck will last.

______________________________

There's this song by Rainie Yang called 'Ambiguous'. I'm not a big Mando-pop fan so I'm not going to rant about how sentimental her songs are or how well the lyrics are written. It's more of the message behind the song.

You know those little steps of getting to know someone better, when you're just friends, and you feel like there might be more to that? But then again, you don't want to go further 'cos you enjoy that 'ambiguous' relationship? Like how when the hands lightly brush against each other when you walk and you feel that tingle down your spine, or when that person leans in to whisper a private jokem that close proximity you'll not usually have with normal friends?

It's that kinda strange feeling you have that you know you're nowhere near the borders of being in a relationship, yet you feel like you are already having one? It's at times like these when I dread being a girl, 'cos girls, being the more sensitive creatures, tend to read too much into details, tend to get too clingy and sometimes are just plain clueless..(clueless works for both sexes)

No, no... don't worry, I'm not getting hitch or developing any crush - I'm way TOO OLD for crushes... I just thought about those feelings we used to have, and how many of them actually develop into something more. Sometimes, the ambiguousness just slowly fade away and you feel nothing more than just friends, other times, you may really develop into a real dating couple...

Anyway, what I meant to say is, I just miss that kind of ambiguous feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home