Friday, January 25, 2008

One Time Too Many

TIme: 12.20am
Location: In the comfort of my bedroom, surfing http://youthstarcambodia.org/ and contemplating about doing volunteer work for good in Cambodia when I should be completing my assignment for school tomorrow.

It's been quite a hectic week for me. I don't usually get personal in my blog....but there's been a lot of last minute shockers and disappointments and I'm still hanging in there...trying my best to make things work.

I'm a little drained... but I know I'm not the only one.

When do reasons become excuses? Many a time, people give reasons for something that happened, trying to rectify the problem / issue. But how many of these 'reasons' are actually excuses?

Sometimes, people have the tendency to find excuses to redeem themselves and usually, I'm not awfully bothered by it. I just find it amusing, and try to let it pass as another typical things that people do to put things right.

But sometimes, when it happens too often, the case of 'The Boy Who Cries Wolf' starts popping in my mind. Of course I am fully aware that people want to protect themselves and thus, usually unknowingly, start to find 'reasons' to rectify the problems that they are facing. However, when these 'reasons' appear one time too many, others get weary and simply - put-off.

Why is it so difficult to just say, 'I'm sorry, it was my fault?' and try to make sure it doesn't occur again? Honestly, people are not too concerned about the reason (or excuses) behind why the error occurred...so please...stop making excuses....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I know what u mean hon... the "I'm sorry" thing sounds so hard to say! I'd gladly say sorry though...

1/29/2008 10:03 PM  
Blogger Ying said...

Haha! Hi buns ! Long time no see la!

1/30/2008 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home