Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blessed

Time: 12 Midnight
Location: In my room, using my brother's modem 'cos his com caught virus.

I feel violated.
Someone invaded my privacy.
Like peeking into a personal diary which I never meant to let others see...

Ok, I was dramatising there...fine, fine, I know people are bound to read your blog, that's what a blog is for!? But I never expected my colleagues to actually 'crack' the code for my blog address....

And I can visualise them sniggering whilst they read 'bout my rants on life, my job and even PMS. That's how the terms 'exhibitionist' and 'voyeur' come about.

Hi CZ. Hi Ben. Hi Jnr.

*Names have to be in abbreviations 'cos my boss might chance upon it.

__________________________________________

I feel very blessed. Remember how I used to say I'm on a roll when it comes to having good luck? People have been telling me that it's 'cos I'm finally getting what I deserve for all the hard work and efforts, but I still constantly worry if my luck will run out.

I'm literally living the life that I've always wanted. It's not exactly perfect yet, but I'm contented.

I have family who loved me dearly. Even my brother who used to be such a 'twit'(whatever that is suppose to mean) is finally opening up and embracing the fact that I'm his sister.

I have dear friends around me which I know will be by my side whatever happens. Those that I used to think were friends for life have..well, moved on, and I know that those that've sticked around are those that means the most.

I have a job that constantly reminds me to improve myself. It challenges me and gives me room to explore and learn. It's a place that allows a pebble like me to be polished, and gives me the opportunity to shine.

I am finally almost completing my degree course. It's something that I hardly thought would be possible 2 yrs ago. It was in my 2006 resolution and I put it off till 2007 when I've saved enough. I've done reasonably well still, and I'm actually starting to feel proud of where I've reached.

I have colleagues that are friends. I'm not really saying this 'cos I know they might be prying at this blog anytime soon, but it's the truth. There's always politics everywhere, and for the first time, I feel like everyone's my brother, and they truly take care of one another. The young part-timers in shop are like my little siblings whom I feel my maternal instinct surface for, and they too, take care of me when the situation asks for it. The ones that work hand-in-hand with me are like my compatriots in war, where I know I can trust and lean on them for support.

I have students who loved me and their parents who understand and compromise with my situation time after time. I wouldn't know what I've done without their support. I've even had the opportunity to explore the real world outside and feel how fortunate I am here, at home.

I constantly remind myself not to take all these for granted, 'cos I know that if I do, they will be taken away from me. Every day, I tell myself that my God is too kind to me, and I really have to thank him. (I'm not Christian, so I don't celebrate X'mas...so when I mean God, I meant I'd be trotting down to Waterloo Street this weekend *beams.)

Sometimes, good things do happen in life. It's just a matter of how long you've waited and how you embrace it.

I feel truly blessed. Happy New Year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home