Not-so-happy Vesak Day
Time: 11.14am
I am listening to Our Lady Peace 'Innocent' at full blast trying to mask out the sounds of argument in the background. My Mom and brother are having one of their routine debates, and this time, it's about a clogged pipe in the toilet. Sometimes, I really wish my brother would just be more agreeable, and stop thinking that he's always right about everything.
One thing he does that never fails to annoy me is his laugh. His very sarcastic laugh. If you say something that he doesn't agree with, he'll let out this fake, choking laughter, the kind that you know he's plainly patronizing you. He's not a bad brother, I know he dotes on me. But most of the time, he doesn't seem to be able to grasp the simple basics of human relationships, and that compromising works much better than winning.
Today is Vesak Day, the day when Buddhist all over the world commemorates the birth and enlightenment of Buddha. I am a Buddhist though I'm not exactly the most religious one around, I stick to the basics of not consuming beef and being benevolent whenever I can. I was reading the news about Tibet and how the people are suffering. I am wondering how the people in Tibet are now. I understand the significance of power and how it can tempt one to do inhumane things just to maintain their powers, but sometimes, I think that it is this struggle for power that is causing the world to come to an end.
I'm sorry, I do not mean to cause distress by all my recent melancholy posts (sorry Jen), but honestly, I do feel that the world is changing so fast. Heaven is watching over us, and karma will befall those that have caused much suffering to others.
You only live once. Don't ever live your life with regrets. Circumstances may not always permit us to do what is true to our hearts, but at the end of the day, it's about living with a clear conscience.
I am listening to Our Lady Peace 'Innocent' at full blast trying to mask out the sounds of argument in the background. My Mom and brother are having one of their routine debates, and this time, it's about a clogged pipe in the toilet. Sometimes, I really wish my brother would just be more agreeable, and stop thinking that he's always right about everything.
One thing he does that never fails to annoy me is his laugh. His very sarcastic laugh. If you say something that he doesn't agree with, he'll let out this fake, choking laughter, the kind that you know he's plainly patronizing you. He's not a bad brother, I know he dotes on me. But most of the time, he doesn't seem to be able to grasp the simple basics of human relationships, and that compromising works much better than winning.
Today is Vesak Day, the day when Buddhist all over the world commemorates the birth and enlightenment of Buddha. I am a Buddhist though I'm not exactly the most religious one around, I stick to the basics of not consuming beef and being benevolent whenever I can. I was reading the news about Tibet and how the people are suffering. I am wondering how the people in Tibet are now. I understand the significance of power and how it can tempt one to do inhumane things just to maintain their powers, but sometimes, I think that it is this struggle for power that is causing the world to come to an end.
I'm sorry, I do not mean to cause distress by all my recent melancholy posts (sorry Jen), but honestly, I do feel that the world is changing so fast. Heaven is watching over us, and karma will befall those that have caused much suffering to others.
You only live once. Don't ever live your life with regrets. Circumstances may not always permit us to do what is true to our hearts, but at the end of the day, it's about living with a clear conscience.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home