Tuesday, May 16, 2006

To Do or Not To Do, That is the Question.

Time: 9.59am
Location: Changi, Loyang aka OFFICE

In a sudden twist of events, I found myself with so many things to do that I simply cannot prioritise. As a designer, it is almost the norm to do freelance projects on a regular basis... and recently, I've got a client that's starting to get on my nerves.

For once, I used to work under her. She was my supervisor and after I've quit, she asked me to do freelance for the company.. and she can only afford a meagre amount. (Which is like between $50-$100 and she will still haggle!) And then, she'll make a lot of requests which is totally not the norm. (Gosh, I've been using this word a lot-norm..hmm) I mean not that requests are not allowed, but she'll make requests which are so ambigious and then when I called her to clarify with her, she said that "I hired a designer so they can give me fresh ideas, not to let me tell them what to do" HELLO!?? The fact is I've seen her last designs...and honestly, it's no award-winning material. And now, I'm thinking if I can secure this good-looking big client of mine, I'l probably pass on her projects from now onwards....but then, I'm such a whore when it comes to money. Big money, small money, as long as there's money, I'll do the design.(Ok, maybe not to that extreme)

_________________________

I wonder why. Why can't a good looking person be nasty? Like so nasty that you won't think they're perfect. That heaven can be so UNfair. Ok, before all of you think I've gone bonkers and decided to strike me off your 'friends' list, let me explain. Read above where I've mentioned I've got a good-looking client. Yes, he's nice, tall, charming, funny, generous and darn good-looking (There the word goes again). I had a minor crush on him previously (I think I wrote about that in an entry a few weeks ago) until i saw his gf, and then the song 'Ironic' from Alanis came to my mind. "I met the man of my dreams, and then , I met his beautiful wife" Jen says I'm being shallow, but I know it myself. I know he's probably unattainable. He's too good to be true, and I should be glad that I even got to know him. Man, it's not fair. Why can't he be a nasty bastard so that I'll cuss at him, saying things like "So what if he's good-looking, he's another @*$*$" but cos he's so nice, I CAN'T! I think he treats me like a little sister, except when he's with his gf/wife/fiancee (whatever), he doesn't reply his smses. I know, I know, someone knock some sense into me. I know I'm not about to spend a million dollars building a shrine to worship him, but sigh... why can't he just be nasty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home