Confused or Pre-determined?
Time: 10.45am
Location: Office
I really shouldn't be blogging now, considering that the amount of work has been piled up since 2 weeks ago. It's not that I don't want to finish them, its just new things kept coming in, and they are more important, so the older ones never quite get finished. Frustrating isn't it?
Yesterday must've been one of the most 'bochap' days of my life. I had an assignment due 12 midnight, and I was still at the theatres at 11pm, when my assignment was still short of 200 words. I went home to complete it and submitted it straight to my lecturer after asking an ex-colleague to help me submit online via the school's webiste, as I can't log on to it. I think I am getting complacent, and I really should punch myself for that. GAL! WAKE UP! YOU JUST PAID OVER $16K FOR THAT DARN PAPER! GET YOUR BUTT UP AND DO SOME WORK!
Anyway, I was at the threatres watching a play...no, not Harry Potter if you're thinking...first Harry Potter's not a play, secondly, I've never even seen a single instalment of it.
I was there watching a Wild Rice production, Asian Boys Vol. 3 -Happy Endings. It's been a while since I last watched any plays... If I remembered vaguely, the last play I watched was when I was still at that dreaded doctor's publication place, and it was free tickets to watch..hmm..can't remember, I think it was the Physicist or was it Sing Song?
But anyway, Asian Boys (let's just call it AB3) is the 3rd play about homosexuality I've watched. The first 2 were ok, but not really impressive. It's Mardi Gras and Top or Bottom, which I watched at Raffles Hotel. Sometimes, I think a play isn't just about having witty lines and animated facial expressions. It's about the connection the actors have with the audience. And I think AB3 did just that. (Applaud)
The story is based on a book 'Perculiar Chris', and it depicts the life of a young gay man and his relationships. I thought it was very well acted and the lines were darn funny. There were few intimate scenes, which is good for those who are a little homophobic. In fact, the simple pecks and holding of hands seem enough to signify the relatinships between 2 men. Like how one of the lines said, "There were no lust... just serenity."
I'm not openly a gay activist or anything, neither am I totally agreeable whole issue but I don't see what is wrong with making choices. As long as one is not forced to choose it, and they know they won't have regrets, whatever decision they make is entirely up to them. I'm sure most people didn't choose to 'become one'. It's not as if it's cool to be considered one. I mean, why would someone suddenly decide to 'become' gay, especially in Singapore, where the laws are so strict towards the minority?
I am just puzzled by why from most of the plays and films I've seen about homosexuals seems to promisicous. I mean, of course heterosexuals can be promisicous too, but it seems such an issue with the homosexuals. It's like, there's bound to be someone younger or better looking that will eventually cause a couple to break up. Are there no examples of happily ever after couples?
Gosh, I am threading on dangerous grounds now...'cos I don't think I've ever blogged about anything so ...different, aside from my whines about my daily life, in which no one else but me likes to reminisce upon.
Basically, I just think there's no definition to love, so anyone can be in love with just about anybody or anything in fact. Go catch AB3, and treat it as a sweet love story.
Location: Office
I really shouldn't be blogging now, considering that the amount of work has been piled up since 2 weeks ago. It's not that I don't want to finish them, its just new things kept coming in, and they are more important, so the older ones never quite get finished. Frustrating isn't it?
Yesterday must've been one of the most 'bochap' days of my life. I had an assignment due 12 midnight, and I was still at the theatres at 11pm, when my assignment was still short of 200 words. I went home to complete it and submitted it straight to my lecturer after asking an ex-colleague to help me submit online via the school's webiste, as I can't log on to it. I think I am getting complacent, and I really should punch myself for that. GAL! WAKE UP! YOU JUST PAID OVER $16K FOR THAT DARN PAPER! GET YOUR BUTT UP AND DO SOME WORK!
Anyway, I was at the threatres watching a play...no, not Harry Potter if you're thinking...first Harry Potter's not a play, secondly, I've never even seen a single instalment of it.
I was there watching a Wild Rice production, Asian Boys Vol. 3 -Happy Endings. It's been a while since I last watched any plays... If I remembered vaguely, the last play I watched was when I was still at that dreaded doctor's publication place, and it was free tickets to watch..hmm..can't remember, I think it was the Physicist or was it Sing Song?
But anyway, Asian Boys (let's just call it AB3) is the 3rd play about homosexuality I've watched. The first 2 were ok, but not really impressive. It's Mardi Gras and Top or Bottom, which I watched at Raffles Hotel. Sometimes, I think a play isn't just about having witty lines and animated facial expressions. It's about the connection the actors have with the audience. And I think AB3 did just that. (Applaud)
The story is based on a book 'Perculiar Chris', and it depicts the life of a young gay man and his relationships. I thought it was very well acted and the lines were darn funny. There were few intimate scenes, which is good for those who are a little homophobic. In fact, the simple pecks and holding of hands seem enough to signify the relatinships between 2 men. Like how one of the lines said, "There were no lust... just serenity."
I'm not openly a gay activist or anything, neither am I totally agreeable whole issue but I don't see what is wrong with making choices. As long as one is not forced to choose it, and they know they won't have regrets, whatever decision they make is entirely up to them. I'm sure most people didn't choose to 'become one'. It's not as if it's cool to be considered one. I mean, why would someone suddenly decide to 'become' gay, especially in Singapore, where the laws are so strict towards the minority?
I am just puzzled by why from most of the plays and films I've seen about homosexuals seems to promisicous. I mean, of course heterosexuals can be promisicous too, but it seems such an issue with the homosexuals. It's like, there's bound to be someone younger or better looking that will eventually cause a couple to break up. Are there no examples of happily ever after couples?
Gosh, I am threading on dangerous grounds now...'cos I don't think I've ever blogged about anything so ...different, aside from my whines about my daily life, in which no one else but me likes to reminisce upon.
Basically, I just think there's no definition to love, so anyone can be in love with just about anybody or anything in fact. Go catch AB3, and treat it as a sweet love story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home