Monday, April 14, 2008

A Girly Affair

Time: 10.20am

I have carefully planned my whole week just so that I won't feel I'm missing out too much on life.

Friday: Miss Understanding & Miss I-love-her-to-bit-but-somehow-I-pick-on-her-a-lot Pong...
Saturday: Miss If-I'm-lesbian I'd marry Jen and Girls
Sunday: Miss Bride-to-be-Wei
Monday: Miss Senior Aris & Joce
Tuesday: Miss If-I'm-lesbian I'd marry Jen and old colleagues
Wednesday: Working late
Thursday: Tuition
Friday: Miss XinCity & Miss Preggers Nic and maybe Mr. Perth if there's time
Saturday: Mr.Miss and probably Skaterboy
Sunday: Tuition...

Excellent planning.

I'd never be lonely for this whole week. Brilliant. I'm a complete genius.

______________________________________

Miss Bride-to-be-Wei and I had an almost-perfect tai-tai Sunday. We met at 11.30 (supposedly 11, but Miss BTBW was late) and we had brunch at Marmalade Pantry. The omelette and Berry tea were scrumptious... but they were so generous with the salmon omelette that I felt as though I've killed the entire chicken population just to enjoy this meal.

Then we started off our shopping trip... we practically covered the whole of Orchard. Wisma, Tangs, Taka, Far East Plaza, The Heeren Shops, Cineleisure, Paragon... you name it, we were there.

We had an early dinner at Bakerz Inn and ended the day with desserts and tea at Royal Coppenhagen at Taka. I bought 2 tops and Miss BTBW bought a belt and a dress... We even wanted to go for massage but we didn't have an appointment so we had give that a miss. She wanted to get a white dress for her photoshoot (which was part of the reason why we went out) but somehow, nothing caught her fancy.

Anyway, it was a perfect day. Miss BTBW has always been one of the few girls that I feel totally comfortable with. She knows some of my darkest secrets and understands how I feel. We're both Scorpios and I'm technically older by 1 day (perhaps less than 24 hrs even) and she's one of the dearest people in my life..and I'm thankful for her existence.

_____________________________________

I had this revelation.

I sometimes feel that I'm walking on glass. The further I walked, the more I bleed.

I was however, determined to complete this journey as I was eager to find out what awaits me. Something inside tells me that I'm just sinking in deeper, and the more I walk, the more I find it harder to turn back. It's like, I'm telling myself that the route is going to end, so hang in there. Yet, it seems that I'm refusing to turn back... just to see how bad this hurt can be. I have a high treshold for pain, so it's almost as if I'm forcing myself to walk on, believing that the route will get smoother, and I'm likely to get numb in the process.

Perhaps I'm in self-denial. Perhaps at the end of the day, there may not be rainbows at the end of the route. Perhaps all that I'll end up with are just scars. Scars to remind me of my stubborness, my stupidity and my own persistence in believing that good things could have happened to me, but didn't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Just checking in on you now that I finally have time for a breather.

Hope everything is going well with you. Do update me yeah?

Was a little disturbed by your revelation though... Coz I'm a person who thinks that life is full of unexpected twists and turns, so why not see it as enjoying the ride to see where it takes you? :)

4/15/2008 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home