Friday, September 23, 2005

Infuriating Me Vs Parent

Tme: 9.45am

This is infuriating. After teaching for 5 yrs (preschool/tuition/art classes), I got my first complain yesterday from a parent. Remember that little bratty child from my class? His mom decided not to continue with the school. (which is a relief to me) My supervisor gave her a call and she complained to her about me. My supervisor brought up this issue during our monthly meetings (which all the teachers, or at least some are required to be present) She started off with saying we should all learn how to speak to the children using the correct words and tones. That was when I know it was directed at me. The last lesson the boy was there, he was running around and totally oblivious to my class. His mom told the receptionist that I can't teach cos of my choice of words and the kids could not understand me. The fact was, neither Mom nor son was around when I was trying to explain to the class what they were trying to do.

Then she added I looked too young and inexperienced. HELLO! Looking young is completely not my fault. At least I consider myself youthful! She said that since she has given birth to a child, she has more experience than me in handling children. Excuse me. If every parent handle their child the way you did... we won't have much future. I always believe that you spare the rod, you spoil the child. I'm not saying you should whack them..but if you can't even control them, then what makes you think you're a good parent? Being a mother is indeed a noble thing but the fact is conceiving the child and raising the child are two totally different issues. When the child grows up one day with no respect and concern for others, you will start to blame yourself for what he/she has turned out. Or perhaps you'll be so indifferent to the way he/she has turned out that you didn't even realise it's your fault. I never think it's the kid's fault for being spoilt...you have to be spoilt by someone right?

I am someone who don't take criticism from ignorant people very well. Hey, who takes criticisms from these people well!? Let's just hope that the kid won't grow up to be a parent like how his Mom is.

Lastly, congrats to a dear friend of mine who got pregnant. I'm sure you'll make a fine parent and thank you for the nice comment you left:) Take care!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..i think tt mum muz be jealous tt u look younger den ur age! ppl always get jealous over this coz who doesnt wan 2 look young. i look younger den my age too! hehe..
another thing 2 agree is i also dun realli accept critism fr ppl who r doin e wrong tings n lazy! i hate these ppl... juz noe how to tok.

10/01/2005 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home