My Bro & I
Date: 9.24am
The day has been off to a good start. After warring with my brother for close to.... i dunno, 5 yrs, we talked and sat in a cab together. He was on his way to Changi Prison for a job interview as a warden officer and I was on my way to work at Loyang... I could tell he was waiting for me at the living room (our parents were away) and he asked casually if I wanted to hitch a ride. Although the whole of the journey was quite quiet (he was talking to the cabbie), I'm still really glad we're making some improvements.
For those that don't know about my life, my brother and I haven't been the "bestest" of siblings. He was temperamental and over-protective and I feared him more than anyone else (even my parents) when I was a child. Despite he's only 3 yrs older than I am, he is very strict. He chose my choice of Secondary School, and encouraged me to take Biotech in poly (though that was also partially my choice) and when I quit Biotech, that was when he erupted. He thought I was going to take fine Arts...when all of my 3 yrs in NAFA, I was in Graphics. I think he only realised that during my graduation day.
We had minor arguments when we were young and he was always yelling at me or pretty hostile to my friends... All my pals were quite fearful, or irritated with him. Our parents were upset for quite some time as the two of us really couldn't communicate. We had a lot of petty arguments and I guess even though you may not remember what it was about, the hurt tends to linger longer than the words.
He is getting engaged end of this month.. I like his girlfriend a lot. I used to tell my mom I didn't know what she sees in him though..haha..I was mean, wasn't I?
My brother is actually a very nice person by nature...he is very organised and disciplined and there are many things that he achieved in life that others may never have the determination to do. I guess he was so harsh to me in the past 'cos he wanted the best for me, but he didn't realised that every individual is different and that we're not exactly two peas in a pod. He is good with figures while I'm good at the Arts. He is tall and fit while I am well....short and "unhealthy" . But we are alike in many ways too, we're both quite stubborn. We are both very involved in our work. And we both really love our parents, though not in very affectionate ways.
The sms he sent me this morning may be just a simple word, but it was enough to make my day. It was just a "Thanks!" But I could tell he meant it.
The day has been off to a good start. After warring with my brother for close to.... i dunno, 5 yrs, we talked and sat in a cab together. He was on his way to Changi Prison for a job interview as a warden officer and I was on my way to work at Loyang... I could tell he was waiting for me at the living room (our parents were away) and he asked casually if I wanted to hitch a ride. Although the whole of the journey was quite quiet (he was talking to the cabbie), I'm still really glad we're making some improvements.
For those that don't know about my life, my brother and I haven't been the "bestest" of siblings. He was temperamental and over-protective and I feared him more than anyone else (even my parents) when I was a child. Despite he's only 3 yrs older than I am, he is very strict. He chose my choice of Secondary School, and encouraged me to take Biotech in poly (though that was also partially my choice) and when I quit Biotech, that was when he erupted. He thought I was going to take fine Arts...when all of my 3 yrs in NAFA, I was in Graphics. I think he only realised that during my graduation day.
We had minor arguments when we were young and he was always yelling at me or pretty hostile to my friends... All my pals were quite fearful, or irritated with him. Our parents were upset for quite some time as the two of us really couldn't communicate. We had a lot of petty arguments and I guess even though you may not remember what it was about, the hurt tends to linger longer than the words.
He is getting engaged end of this month.. I like his girlfriend a lot. I used to tell my mom I didn't know what she sees in him though..haha..I was mean, wasn't I?
My brother is actually a very nice person by nature...he is very organised and disciplined and there are many things that he achieved in life that others may never have the determination to do. I guess he was so harsh to me in the past 'cos he wanted the best for me, but he didn't realised that every individual is different and that we're not exactly two peas in a pod. He is good with figures while I'm good at the Arts. He is tall and fit while I am well....short and "unhealthy" . But we are alike in many ways too, we're both quite stubborn. We are both very involved in our work. And we both really love our parents, though not in very affectionate ways.
The sms he sent me this morning may be just a simple word, but it was enough to make my day. It was just a "Thanks!" But I could tell he meant it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home