Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm a sentimental freak

Time: 12.21pm

I think cramps are contagious.

I have so much work to do and so many things on my mind....get pressies for the kiddos for children's day, get pressy for friends bd..go sourcing for Ikea shoot and product shoot... get freelance projects done.... I'm done for.

My brother's ROM event was so... .... simple.

There were no flurry of events in the morning...in fact I woke up at 10am and played games..and he went to wash his car at 11am... not like what I had expected. You know, from the TV series, usually if there's a wedding, it's bound to be so hassle-bussle kinda thing.

It drizzled slightly and my bro almost went into the ERP without his cash card...must be the nerves. At the ROM, we had to wait for our turn to go in...almost like the swearing-in ceremony. My brother got really emotional...he started laughing first...(i guess he felt embarrassed) then as he spoke...I could hear his voice choking. I'm a sentimental freak, if anyone in my family tears, I'll tear too. It's weird....cos my mom was smiling away...and only my dad and I were like tearing...shouldn't it be the other way round?

The photographer for the day was kinda useless. He just stood there... looking like a geek. Shouldn't photographers be moving around, asking the couple to pose? Nope. He just stood there and fiddled with the strap of his camera. And he was getting paid. I got pissed and went forward with my bro's camera and told them to pose...(they're both amateurs at posing) and just told the photographer to snap away. So annoyed with him. The ceremony ended by 4pm and the dinner reception was only starting at 6!!! So ...the whole group of well-wishers (about 20) had to walk around with the couple as instructed by the photographer! I think I almost wanted to punch him. I guess I didn't gave a very good impression to the in-laws. Haha..

Dinner at Royal Park (or issit Park Royal) was wonderful....they had SOOO much sashimi..MMmmmmMmmm. For the first time in my life, my Mom didn't tell me to watch what I eat...haha. Probably because she wanted to make the money's worth.

My bro's not having the customary wedding yet, probably next year. I gave the newly-weds a book titled "1000 ways to be romantic" I think my bro probably needed help with that. Ops. He better not be reading this. nah...he doesn't know I have a blog to begin with.

Oh, did I mention my bro has a relatively cute guy friend who was driving the in-laws around. I think my parents loved him to death...esp my dad. He kept nudging me when the guy's around. He's not the gorgeous-look-at-me kinda cute. He's the rosy cheeks, fair complexion and Moms-love me (in this case, my dad too) looks.

This whole thing is freaking me out...all the sudden burst of getting-married events going around. It's not a sign is it? Ok, I'm such a self-centred freak...this post is supposed to be about my brother.

Okok, bro and janet, congratulation... I want my nieces and nephews soon as I might end up a spinster.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... marriage is so scary... haha..

9/30/2005 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home